Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Characters in Specific Genres

101 Dalmations Member Wolfen300's Avatar
    True. Oh well, he's dead anyways lol

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    I always figured he was referred to as he because we don't really have a polite way to refer to genderless being otherwise in english.
    What about the original Japanese? I'm largely unfamiliar with the rules of gender in Japanese language, but surely there's some ways of telling gender by the way words are used to refer to something?

And, honestly, given the childish sense of humor that Toriyama and DBZ had, I'm pretty sure if Frieza was literally supposed to be a genderless or intersex creature that there would have been some transphobic jokes made at their expense.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

This is very true. Either way, its still hilarious when you think about it.

"I'll slap you so F******* hard it'll feel like you kissed a f****** freight train."-5FDP

Quote Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
    What about the original Japanese? I'm largely unfamiliar with the rules of gender in Japanese language, but surely there's some ways of telling gender by the way words are used to refer to something?
    No idea.

Anyhow, so far the only female character I like (and I say like meaning it's not based on breasts) and that's Evangeline A.K. McDowell from Mahou Sensei Negima. (Took me like 6 times to type that and I'm still not sure if it's right)

"I'll slap you so F******* hard it'll feel like you kissed a f****** freight train."-5FDP

Actually find these really hard to answer.

So just have some cool dudes;

Caiman (Dorohedoro)

Desty Nova (Battle Angel Alita)

Deunan Knute (Appleseed)

Anenome (Eureka Seven)

Vincent Volaju (the Cowboy Bebop Movie)

Captain Goto (Patlabor)

Canti (FLCL)

Mellowlink (Armoured Hunter Mellowlink)

And thus ends the most convoluted and unrelated list ever? 【・ヘ・?】

Lol FLCL. I liked Eureka Seven, read the manga and was kinda sad how it ended =[

Well the main thing I always think about Eureka Seven is that I probably would have enjoyed it ten times more if Anemone and Dominic were the actual focus. Anemone was a highly entertaining childish bitch that actually took some character development. Eureka and Denton were perfect little goodie two shoes throughout the entire thing... and I mean, wtf, that's not what people are like! People are jerks! Jerks that you learn to like!

Lol no there are good people out there. But there's a saying: "Happy people are all happy in the same ways. But sad people are all sad in different ways. Meaning? Happy people are boring." And you're right, it woulda been better if Anemone and Domonic were the main chars.

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    I have no idea what any of you are talking about... (Apparently, I'm not as much of an aficiando as I professed to be.) That being said, there's no way in hell that I'm watching/wading through all of DBZ, Cowboy Bebop, One Piece, or Naruto. I just... don't have the time anymore. (I guess that's not really saying anything, since I watched all the Bleach)

My giant random list:
    ============

Favorite twisted sadist: A tie between Light and Izaya Orihara from Durarara

Favorite non-Samurai: Sakata Gintoki (Gintama, see my av)

Favorite character who stands around and does essentially nothing the whole time and yet still manages to up the stakes and suspense more than the main character: Udyu Ishida

Favorite Furry: Naruto (Come on guys, think about it)

Favorite psuedo Pirate: Zorro

Favorite outlaw: (sort of): Vash the Stampede

Favorite Parent with baby: Oga Tatsayumi

Favorite cat: Train

Favorite noir detective: That one dude from Darker than Black. (He only got like, two episodes)

Favorite naked dude: Gray what's-his-face

Favorite cheesy demon protagonist: Kyo from Demon Eyes Kyo

Favorite transvestite: Arata from Arata

Favorite mole-faced older brother: Yukio (I think) from Ao no Exorcist

Favorite walking church: The girl from Magical index

Favorite antiheroic side character: Zuko

Favorite walking, talking suit of armor: Need more be said?
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)