Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Favorite Characters in Specific Genres

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    Oh yeah, @Regantor ---I watched Bleach a couple years ago, when I DID have more time, then I had to go back when they were done with the subs for the sole sake of fan loyalty. Heh.

And I didn't say I didn't have time for CBBB, just that I have less time in general in regards to anime nowadays and am a lot choosier. Choosier as in watching the stuff that I like. (So, it's on my bucket list... I'm getting there.) I didn't like CBBB when I first saw it so I didn't watch it, as simple as that.
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Regantor View Post
    4) Blue Submarine No.6 (Just four episodes, with enough plot to fill out twenty six easily.)
    Man, I'd completely forgotten about that one. I saw some of it (dubbed into French) a few years ago and thought it looked interesting, but I never got round to picking it up. Apparently discotek are re-releasing it though, so happy days.

Edit: In a vague bid to stay on topic:

̶D̶i̶r̶t̶i̶e̶s̶t̶ Loveliest Angel

Last edited by Gaff; 06-14-2013 at 08:45 AM.

Super later reply, but yeah.

It's one of those "blew the budget in ten minutes" series, so I'd recommend it. Has a little of the same CG problem as Initial D, but not half as bad. The super inventive jazz soundtrack makes up for it anyway. It's also the best kind of mecha series; one that barely names or talks about the mecha in it. I guess I'd say it reminds me of Raxephon in alot of ways, but nobody has seen that either.

Also also, I totally admit that I've never seen Dirty Pair, but judging from from OPs and EDs, I totally want to. I think we can both blame the title for Dvds or even VHSes being pretty hard to find, through. :m

Ah. I've tried to watch Rahxephon a couple of times actually, but I've never yet made it to the end. Something in the middle part of the series just gets me with an overbearing sense of doom. Should really try and make more of an effort, I would like to see how it ends.

Can certainly see the problems that searching online for "Dirty Pair" would create (once saw some fanart for it in a magazine, accompanied by a letter saying "please print my Dirty Pair"...), but yeah, try to check it out man, I think you'd like it. It's a much funnier and more sophisticated show than you might think at first glance.

The ending resorts to being an eva rippoff again, I mightawise tell you. The middle is the 'best' part. It just handles impending doom and loneliness much better than the aforementioned, IMO. Also it helps if you're watching it in Japanese, because damn did ADV drop the ball on that one. Quon in particular goes from being adorably away with the fairies, to just plain snooty; A big deal considering that they also did things like have her dub the show's ending theme. But yeah. I still think all the forlorn characters, offbeat jazz and Syd Mead architecture/design make it feel really special in a weird way.

Dirty Pair; Also a problem when searching for items to buy.

On a half-related note, finally seen Redline, and it completely reminded me of the same sort of eighties zany action-comedy romp. They should make more of those. :3