Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Characters in Specific Genres

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    If Naruto's a furry I'm pretty sure that means Naruto's also genderqueer considering the fox is a chick and all. Just sayin'.

Favorite Living God: Saitama from One Punch Man.
    Favorite Mook Mobile Suit: Zaku 2. The OG. Rep the row.
    Favorite Badass: That guy in the red coat. You know the one.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

101 Dalmations Member Wolfen300's Avatar
    I can think of two bad asses that wear red coats o.o

"I'll slap you so F******* hard it'll feel like you kissed a f****** freight train."-5FDP

There's a lot more than that. It's an overused archetype.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

I was just saying that I know of. But now that you point that out, I notice it more and more -.-

"I'll slap you so F******* hard it'll feel like you kissed a f****** freight train."-5FDP

Honestly it's part of why you can make this thread at all. Anime/manga are really bad when it comes to re-using the same archetypes and character tropes over and over and over again, ad nauseum, but without bringing anything new or interesting to it. I mean, like.

My favorite shonen protagonist is the one who is kind-hearted but stupid. He has an enormous appetite, although he never gets as fat as one who eats like he does should, and values his friends above anything else in the world. Despite his kindness and his deeply compassionate nature, he loves the thrill of fighting and when he's not fighting he's often training to be a better fighter. You know who I'm talking about, right?

But eh.

Again, that's a lot of them. Is this the same guy that can be a cynical a-hole to people when they're being idiots?

Quote Originally Posted by Regantor View Post
    Mellowlink (Armoured Hunter Mellowlink)
    Hmm, did not expect Mellowlink. I liked the show, but I dunno... Certainly a very different style of protag to Chirico in the main series.

@ Wolfen; Well I guess if I can only relate to jerkish characters that probably says alot in itself, lol...

@ Gaff; I prefer Mellowlink just a little more than Chirico probably because he has a little bit more of a human element, really... But it might be the lack of a "newtype" thing going on too.

@ AnimeRebel; Cowboy Bebop is only 26 episodes long, 27 if you count the movie.

Bleach is 366 episodes long.

Yet you have no time for the former... How and why did this happen? ಠ_ಠ

///

Just because I say so, top five criminally short anime shows that you could probably watch in an afternoon;

5) Gunbuster (How to blow up half the galaxy... in three hours/six episodes. >_>)

4) Blue Submarine No.6 (Just four episodes, with enough plot to fill out twenty six easily.)

3) Bubblegum Crisis (8 Episodes... Well, OVAs, but some are longer than others.)

2) FLCL (Six episodes. Probably the perfect length, but still... It at least begs for something similar.)

1) Battle Angel Alita (Only two damn episodes...)
    Last edited by Regantor; 06-13-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
    Honestly it's part of why you can make this thread at all. Anime/manga are really bad when it comes to re-using the same archetypes and character tropes over and over and over again, ad nauseum, but without bringing anything new or interesting to it. I mean, like.

My favorite shonen protagonist is the one who is kind-hearted but stupid. He has an enormous appetite, although he never gets as fat as one who eats like he does should, and values his friends above anything else in the world. Despite his kindness and his deeply compassionate nature, he loves the thrill of fighting and when he's not fighting he's often training to be a better fighter. You know who I'm talking about, right?

But eh.
    Have you seen Scryed? Apart from ripping off jojo completely its like a study in how to include every anime trope of all time.

ALso

Most implausible split personality:
    Last edited by jubeh; 06-14-2013 at 01:07 AM.

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    Well... the thing is, I know I SHOULD see Cowboy BB, but when I sat down to watch it... I don't know. A show has to sort of "click" with me in order for me to watch it. I had the same problem with FMA the Brotherhood.

As for Naruto, I only got like, 40 something episodes in before I got bored because of dead suspense.
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)