Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hellsing: Continue?

101 Dalmations Member Wolfen300's Avatar

Hellsing: Continue?

Alright so there was Hellsing: The Dawn, the Prequel to Hellsing, revealing the history of Millennium, Walter, and Alucard, as the violent butler and angel of death take down the vampire/ghoul/werewolf creating Nazis (Millennium). Then came the B.A. Vampire in the form we know and love along with the priest that just wouldn't die, and the police girl that took Alucard's place by Integra's side. So the question. Should there be a sequel?

I think they should. We need more of the comedic stubbornness and refusal to die of the characters. Plus the gore was at just the right level. Just enough blood and guts to set you on edge without shoving you over. Plus c'mon. The enslavement of the most notorious Vampire ever. Now his disciple is the main character. It must be done!

Comment!

"I'll slap you so F******* hard it'll feel like you kissed a f****** freight train."-5FDP

Much as I like Hellsing, having seen both anime versions and read part of the manga, I think that was enough for me. I can't see any compelling way of continuing the story, short of branching out into an entirely different cast.

I'd rather they animated Drifters instead.

What don't think Seras should get her history? Come now, she has one event under her belt, Alucard has hundreds. It'd be awesome to see how she theoretically changes history as she carries on. And she doesn't get a mortal enemy, where as Alucard had Anderson to fight at every turn. It's like giving two of your three kids a turn on the swings but not the third, and there was no reason behind it. To me you have to let her take her turn and create a new story. And yeah, it'd have to be new characters, Integra's almost dead from old age, and pretty much every other character's dead. Alucard can't take other's life forces in anymore so he's screwed if he feeds more than necessary.

"I'll slap you so F******* hard it'll feel like you kissed a f****** freight train."-5FDP

You do make an interesting point, but I would rather see Hellsing stopped than have it dug out of the grave and continued into the lengths of obscurity - so much so that it looses its self identity and plummets into mediocrity :/

True. Spinoff?

Well, Seras' story after Alucard would be interesting to hear about to be honest. Especially her struggles and such in the changed world.

Definitely. And it'd be funny to find out how the last 2 of the Wild Geese ended up.

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    Funny coincidence... I learned of the exsistence of Hellsing just today. Talk about obscurity, maybe I'm out of the loop. x__X

(Not that I hadn't heard the name before, I just didn't know what it was.)
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    I've heard only bad things about Hellsing. My cousin, who's taste I generally value, tells me that a lot of the secondary characters are good but that Alucard himself is basically a Gary Ste of epic proportions and has such ridiculous infallibility and plot armor that it kind of kills any tension or enjoyment.

Hearsay, I know, but while we're all tossing in our Hellsing experiences I figured I'd share.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

I read the manga and have seen both anime series. It was good, but it does not require a sequel. I'm happy with how it ended.

Also, whilst Alucard is pretty much as plain a character as you can get, that doesn't make him any less enjoyable (IMHO, that is).