Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worst Idea Ever!!!

Personally, I agree with Kodos on this one. It's a good idea compared to what other companies have done. I mean, would you rather pay the small fee to access the online features or be locked out completely for purchasing your game used (or pirating it)? Besides, it didn't say the fee is a monthly one. According to the article as well as one from another source, the code is a one-time thing; you buy it once and then you can access the online gameplay just like anyone who bought the game new. That said, I definitely wouldn't complain; the 800 point/$10 fee is a small price to pay for the replacement code, most especially if you got the game really cheap (or for free).
    よろしく

101 Dalmations Member Arashi500's Avatar
    I am totally with Kodos and Ceta here. I don't believe in the no-money except in special situations (in which case, explain it), because the console alone is worth at least 2 new games, even a used console, so if you had that kind of money, you should also be capable of getting the money to get the games at a later date. Extra Credits said it best: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...ts/2653-Piracy

The real problems when it comes to money issues is the price for new games($60 USD is too much for a run-of-the-mill game CoD clone).

I always avoid CoD and franchised games like it. I always tend to get bored of shooters. (Xbox Arcade ftw.) I usually buy a used or not so new copy anyway. Saves me the cash for...

More games!

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi500 View Post
    I am totally with Kodos and Ceta here. I don't believe in the no-money except in special situations (in which case, explain it), because the console alone is worth at least 2 new games, even a used console, so if you had that kind of money, you should also be capable of getting the money to get the games at a later date. Extra Credits said it best: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...ts/2653-Piracy

The real problems when it comes to money issues is the price for new games($60 USD is too much for a run-of-the-mill game CoD clone).
    In here a new video game cost 100$ USD. I have a console because I worked for having it, but I study so I can't be working all the time that a new game is released, so I have 3 options: wait until the price drop (that the maximus drop are 50$USD), wait to drop and buy it used (would cost approximately 30$USD) or Piracy. Now, because I love video games and I don't want to shit in the face of the designers who made the games I love, don't take Piracy as an option. So I have 2, and of course I can't work all the time because I study, so I can only buy new released games when are games I really want, and if not, I have to buy it used (and even more, changing some games for credits in the store).

Yeah, I could totally pay 100$USD for every game, it would be awesome.

Also this is not counting that I have to pay also the xbox live, and of course is more expensive in here than in USA. And if I want to microsoft points, is also more expensive. So I have to find way to buy all those stuffs cheaper.
    Last edited by ClockHand; 04-01-2011 at 01:29 PM.

I forget where you live but buying used is always smarter than buying right off the shelf. There is that special thrill of buying a reserved copy of the game when it first comes out but I usually save that thrill for hyped up AND really good games. (Like SSBB or The newest Gears, Mass Effect etc.) So I'd say keep up what you're doing.

As for Xbox live, that does get extremely pricey for microsoft points. Those cost an arm and leg for just a few points...

101 Dalmations Member Arashi500's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    In here a new video game cost 100$ USD. I have a console because I worked for having it, but I study so I can't be working all the time that a new game is released, so I have 3 options: wait until the price drop (that the maximus drop are 50$USD), wait to drop and buy it used (would cost approximately 30$USD) or Piracy. Now, because I love video games and I don't want to shit in the face of the designers who made the games I love, don't take Piracy as an option. So I have 2, and of course I can't work all the time because I study, so I can only buy new released games when are games I really want, and if not, I have to buy it used (and even more, changing some games for credits in the store).

Yeah, I could totally pay 100$USD for every game, it would be awesome.

Also this is not counting that I have to pay also the xbox live, and of course is more expensive in here than in USA. And if I want to microsoft points, is also more expensive. So I have to find way to buy all those stuffs cheaper.

Where DO you live btw? Because $100USD is some nasty inflation.

But of course, almost, if not all games to have come out in the past 6-8 months haven't been worth getting even at used prices(For US used prices).

I always have to buy used, cause I never have the money for the newest system :/ Only have a PS3 cause my boyfriend lives with me.
    That said, for me it depends on the game whether I buy new or used. If I want all the stuff that originally comes with it, I'll get it new. If it's something I don't care as much about but would like to try, I don't even care if it's in the original box

Didn't clock say he was from Chile?
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Then on top of that you (I) have to pay for xbox live and the system, I'll Pass!