Thread: What's Up?

101 Dalmations Member Wolfen300's Avatar

What's Up?

Hey y'all Wolfen here, used to be a constant doodler, now trying to make a comeback to art. Major fan of most manga, aligning myself with the more supernatural types. Would love to get to the point of where I could support my lifestyle on just my art, but I realize chances are slim. As is, I am currently attending College for Culinary Arts, but I want a back up besides music. If I had my way, the order of priorities (for jobs) would be Art, Music, then Culinary, but due to chances of making a name for myself in Art and Music, Culinary has become the support. Anyways, I am always looking for tips, pointers, and leads to advance in any of my skill areas. That's all I have to say for now, and hope that everyone can love art to the point it's sickening. Too far? Probably. Oh well.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Hi Wolfen, welcome to Manga Tutorials! There's a lot of resources at the [url=http://www.mangatutorials.com]main part of this site[/rul] as well as this section of the forum. Is there any particular thing area you're looking to improve or do you want just general advice?

As is, I think I need to improve in general. I've noticed problems with proportions and backgrounds mostly (from what I can tell). And I know about the resources on here. I have them favorite and as my homepage. Just decided it was time to actually join the site so that it would be easier to get tips and ideas. I'm actually a fan of your tutorials and read, re-read, attempt, and re-read again to get closer to the results I want. Biggest problem I have is putting it all together.

REALISM, HUZZAH!

Seriously through Wolfen man, you have no idea how many blokes we get who just run in and proclaim they are going to become master animators in Japan, and then leave saying to expect big news in two or three years...

Would be pretty cool if you stuck around. Feel free to ask questions and junk.

Welcome!

^Regantor- Sweet! Sadly I feel I'm too much of a realist, but whatever floats your boat. Hah. And I've glanced around in the manga section of the forum, and found you seem to have quite a sense of humor that is.... Not based in stupidity? I'm not sure how to describe it but it seems like you'll be the go-to for decent situational jokes and such, which I plan to be using when/if I get to the point of actually attempting to put together a script for a manga.

Hey! Welcome! Glad that you could join us! I've gotta agree with Reg! Love the realistic look on career choice. I'll be looking forward to seeing your doodles, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Regular Member TheVermillionFox's Avatar
    Welcome OuO I hope you enjoy yourself here.
    I am actually Roy Mustang.

The sky
    The sky is up

PFGHGHHGHPHEHEHEHEHEHAHAHAHAHALOLOLOLOL

I need help