Thread: Paper?

101 Dalmations Member

Paper?

What paper is better for drawing manga comics? What sizes do i need? I was watching some videos about manga paper and its talking about frames and stuff and i check on devianart and i saw a manga paper guideline. Can anyone give me a good understanding on which paper is preferable?

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I think there's something like that that Rio made. Check her tutorials and stuff.

101 Dalmations Member
    I read it already. I'm really concerned about the trim,bleeds, and safety zone and measurement area. I think i need a guideline for this.

It's also already covered in Rio's tutorial/thread. It's depend on publisher you want to send your manga to. Every publisher have their own rules/measurement.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    You've asked this question before you know? It basically boils down to what the company wants in terms of measurement. If they're a professional company, they will tell you the trim, bleed, and safety zone measurements. All you need to know is that whatever you draw in the safety zone WILL PRINT. Anything beyond that may get cut.

Anyways, read my tutorial again. The measurements there are specifically for Japanese manga but like I said, each company has their own measurements. I did go over trims, safety zones, and so on with an image example to go with it to boot so check it out again... and read through those threads you created asking about paper again.

I'm locking this thread. All your questions have already been answered and it's getting redundant.