Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: [OFFICIAL SAIMOE COMPETITION THREAD] Next Stage [Soon]

I wana ask something.
    Umm... I have completed my OC two weeks ago as i have to go to hostel . The very same day i completed the OC but couldn't get enough time to do EMOTIONS CHART . So will i be able to enter the contest without emotion chat or just i will have to skip the contest ?? Even if thers time , i won't be able to do anything because no laptops no pc .

I didn't make emotion chart either, not sure if I would eventually, already made Candy's emotion chart before but didn't know where I put it.. it'll be a pain making another but if it's required then maybe I would.

I did like 3 pages of EMOTION STUDIES in my sketch pad & I was just gonna send that with the profile & the actual piece. I guess I'd better organize my notes a bit better now that I've seen examples of past entries.

Emotion studies? Nice. I'm working on the 25 essential expressions for mine.

@Ram - I believe an expression chart increases your chances of winning.

isn't 25 a little too much for the chart? o.o I mean... it will take alot of space in the picture xD Someone got a meme or something that got 5-10 expressions instead?

Watch me on: Twitter, Facebook and DeviantART

You can always scale down your expression chart like Sutari did with Tei's entry. Or yes, there is a smaller chart out there. Alternatively, you could just think up a few emotions and make your own.

I think I just mix one :P I'm eager to have "Frown" as one of'em and I cannot see that in any of the charts xD It's an emotion I'm eager to try out :P so, think I'll make my own and will use that for emotion practises :P I can make up to 50 different one and use 5-10 each picture xD then I can post the blank chart on this site for other to use. sounds legit?

Watch me on: Twitter, Facebook and DeviantART

I think just a few of the expressions that they are likely to pull off is probably good enough, seeing as the entire point in the chart is to give a better idea of the character's own personality, as far as I can tell. I only did six frames myself, and haven't bothered coloring them in or anything, either. Seemed like it was more worthwhile spending time on the original image to me...

But I haven't entered before, let alone won anything, so it's probably best to take anything I say with pinch of salt, that said. x_x

I have to agree with you, Reg. The expression charts should complement your main entry and character description, not be a separate thing, even if it's a separate picture.

If I use chibi expressions it would probably take 50 faces!
    The forum has a lot of emotion, about 73 for the cats I think.. or I count it wrong, didn't even count the monkeys and the others!

but if it's ordinary faces emotion, I don't know if I would be able to reach 15. >_>