Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: [OFFICIAL SAIMOE COMPETITION THREAD] Next Stage [Soon]

[OFFICIAL SAIMOE COMPETITION THREAD] Next Stage [Soon]

What is a SaiMoe Tournament/competition?
    - To find and pick the most "Moe" Character of all. Includes Both Male and Female Anime characters may it be human or not [as long as its cute]

Meaning OF "Moe"
    -Moe (萌え?, pronounced [mo.e], literally "budding", as with a plant or adorable), occasionally spelled Moé, is a Japanese slang word originally referring to a strong interest in a particular type or style of character in video games, anime or manga. For example, 眼鏡っ娘萌え, meganekko-moe, "glasses-girl moe", describes a person who is attracted to fictional characters with eyeglasses. "Moe!" is also used within anime fandom as an interjection referring to a character the speaker considers to be a moekko (a blossoming or "budding" girl).

A more detailed inside on this event and moe
    Well if it really isn't clear to you then I'll do a little rundown on what/how this competition wants/picks its winners and also at the same time there will be some explanation on Moe.

Characters that usually win SaiMoe tournaments are the ones that grab the most attention. Not just by beauty or their body but also by cloths, their personality, Hair color, cloths color and so on. One of the most important things you will have to take note on how to make a Moe character at their prime is by their level of cuteness. Basically the character needs to have both beauty and cuteness but usually we focus more on their level of cuteness. Colors play a very important role in building a moe character's cuteness level as well. Example: picking the right colors to represent you characters style or personality, Green the color of jealousy or red/white the color of a fighting yet peace loving personality/spirit. Usually you use the colors for their cloths, eyes, accessories etcetc. You must also take note that the way you draw the characters eye may sometimes effect the cuteness/ beauty level as well. Obviously accessories, favorite food, pets and things they like also would effect their level of cuteness/beauty but at the same time its also not that important as long as you got your character planned out nicely but adding those stuff would definitely be a boost. The usual items placed on a Moe Characters to make them attractive is, Big hats[they just catch peoples attention like crazy], Neko ears[cat ears], Glasses[to give them that innocent but yet cute kinda feeling]. Here are some very good examples of a Moe character at its prime:

By Emperpep [ http://emperpep.deviantart.com/ ]

But at the end of the day it all comes down to you imagination and original concepts and your understanding of what a real moe character should be like. the more original your character, the better. Just keep in mind of the many things I stated down. Hope this answers your questions and gives everyone a better understanding of Moe.

Rules, Regulations, Judging type, prize
    1.Prize: Winner's OC becomes Manga Tutorials Moe Mascot for 6 months and would be featured at the MT Main page and also in DA.
    2.Voting: The Judges will be everyone including non members.
    2.Rules:
    -The contestants can vote BUT they are not allowed to vote for their own characters. Meaning if lets say the voting match is Slurpee oc vs Matt oc. both Matt and Slurpee are not allowed to vote on that.
    -Contestants are allowed to register as many O'C as they like.
    - If a tie should happen in any of the matches, The winner of that round will be decided via guest judges. Once a decision has been made then its final. We will judge every piece as fairly as we can. Judges will constantly change for ever voting round"if possible".

How to submit your entry
    -Contestants must state down some Bio/ Personality/ likes and don't likes so everyone will get to know your character better. You may add additional info you you want.
    -Characters must be drawn individually/ different pics.
    -Character sheets of the character's faces in different emotions must be added as well to make your OC more personable.
    -All entries must be PMed to me.

SAESONAL'New'
    [Seasonal Rules]
    1. The minimum amount of participants we need to make a season happen is 5 or more.
    2. There will be no limit as to how many people can join so no worries.
    3. There will be 4 seasons in one year which will be held at [January, April, July, October]
    4. Double winners may accrue if two OC's votes are tied at the finals of a season.
    5. Winner from each season will proceed to the finals which will be held at December
    6. Winner of the finals will win the title as MT's Moe champ.
    7.How to enter? Simple. Just state the few things below.
    [example]
    Name:
    Number of OC's you wish to register:
    DA[if you want to]:
    8.If you want to add any other info about yourself feel free to do so.
    9. You must be a member of MT.
    10. Obey the rules or prepare to die.
    11. Enjoy yourself and please DO NOT COPY OTHER PARTICIPANTS IDEAS! try to keep it original.

Updates
    OC's that get third and second place will automatically qualify to the next season but there will be a limit as to how many times a OC can qualify.A bronze star gives you 1 Qualifying chance and a Diamond gives you 2 chances. OC's are allowed to collect as many of these so that each time they will extend there qualifying chances. Also you may add more entries if you want to even if your old entry qualifies so no worries.If the contestant doesn't want his/her OC to qualify to the next round you will have to inform me beforehand because it will be a auto qualifier.

Banners of the past SaiMoe competitions
    :2011 Season 1 and main Banner:

:2011 Season 2 Banner:

2011 Season 3 Banner

2011 Season 4 Banner

[We hand a long gap in 2011 so the tournament became for 2012 instead]

2012 Finals Banner

MINI EVENTS
    First Swimsuit Edition Champ[2012]

Name: Ulow Zygiella[Reg]
    Bio: A sort of stunted cave spider gypsy person, Ulow (pronounced you-low) is a twenty-six year old member of the underground Chitine race. She ventured up into the world above looking for her missing son Fillis, and is still on that quest to date.
    Personality: Smart but ill-educated, Ulow loves to gibber on about practically nothing, with an clumsy accent practically no one can understand. She displays a massive amount of kindness towards those she likes, but on the other side of the coin, this irrational amount of passion tends to make her turn on people for the smallest wrong doing.
    Likes: Sour foods, hot/damp weather, dark places, alcohol, company.
    Dislikes: Any animal with fur, bright lights, squid, being alone.

MAIN EVENT
    First Saimoe Champ[2012]

MANA
    Likes: drawing, living organisms, landscapes, books, learning new things
    Dislikes: closed rooms, small areas, being alone
    Last edited by MiKuRu; 01-21-2013 at 12:38 AM.

Do I have to re enter, do you still have the list of us before the update?

101 Dalmations Member angel_dreamer13's Avatar
    I feel stupid.
    what is this?

It's the competition from the Old MT. It's a contest to make a charachter as cute as possible. No need to feel stupid.

101 Dalmations Member angel_dreamer13's Avatar
    IM SO IN.
    I'm sending the pm now.

Quote Originally Posted by 168
    Do I have to re enter, do you still have the list of us before the update?
    Nope. All you have to do is sign in thats all. I'll put up the list so we know who is in.

And btw added dreamer to the list.

"Double post sorry" I just want to know if you guys prefer to have the competition in the old forum or in this new one or both. Reply me ASAP so I can arrange things with Rio.

both would be better, but depends on the contestants - if most of them are here, makes sense to have it here in the new one.

It appears that most of the contestants are on the old forum, so it seems like the old would be better.

Ahh I see okay I guess its better to do it in the old forums. Anyway registration is now closed. Contestants please make sure to submit your entries before 28 December via PM. I'll be waiting :D.