Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Web Comics (And Manga)

Oglaf is pretty good...very... uh... unique.

I read all of the comics on Nuklearpower, Penny-Arcade, and also Blip. Beyond that I just mindlessly browse the comics subreddit when I'm bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    She's very anti-Fury.
    Even so, I don't think that's a valid reason. Furries are some half-transitional stage of humanoid animal that really freak me out. She wouldn't have had to give people fuzzy ears and tails. They could appear completely human, and when they shapeshift, they could look exactly like their animal counterparts. Can you imagine the Snail tribe morphing into snails or the Raven tribe turning into ravens? That wouldn't be furry. More like, slimy or feathery. And so totally cool.

I'm still mad that she didn't take up that opportunity. I sure as heck know that Warcraft druids transforming into panthers is awesome.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    It'd be like Animorphs then (bad, IMO). And, well the little magic that's in it is all subtle so far (not really the point of the manga anyway). If you get to around chapter 12 you'll see a fury. Sort of.
    My CC thread - Updated 01/30/14
    My AA thread - Updated 03/04/14

Ye gods, stop misspelling "furry!!" *mouthfoams*

No it wouldn't! >8( ... Animorphs was about angsty teenagers turning into whatever creature they touched. That's really different from turning into a single animal. And yes, my point is that I disagree with her story's point, so if your point is that changing her original point would be detrimental I'd respond in kind that no, it'd be an improvement. There's no reason to avoid exposition on the most fantastical bits of, well, fantasy. That's exactly why I hate Ursula Le Guin's Earthsea series so much; the main character was a friggin' archmage and the author always dodged around the details of the magic he used.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    The Animorphs were not angsty.

And, son, if you're gonna talk shit about the Animorphs, you and I may need to step outside.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Would you by any chance be sharing the same sentiments about these individuals?

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Those are teenagers with attitude.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Goblins is awesome f the hater(s).

Of course the best webcomic is http://nedroid.com/

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamachi View Post
    Ye gods, stop misspelling "furry!!" *mouthfoams*
    Oh. K.

No it wouldn't! >8( ... Animorphs was about angsty teenagers turning into whatever creature they touched. That's really different from turning into a single animal. And yes, my point is that I disagree with her story's point, so if your point is that changing her original point would be detrimental I'd respond in kind that no, it'd be an improvement. There's no reason to avoid exposition on the most fantastical bits of, well, fantasy. That's exactly why I hate Ursula Le Guin's Earthsea series so much; the main character was a friggin' archmage and the author always dodged around the details of the magic he used.
    Her characters aren't magic! There's one magic artifact in the whole comics (Or so it appears to someone who hasn't made it to Ch. 12) and people are constantly doubting it's existence. The reason it's fantasy is because it isn't set in the real world.
    My CC thread - Updated 01/30/14
    My AA thread - Updated 03/04/14

Anyone read Romantically Apocalyptic? Or Looking for Group?

Looking for Group

Romantically Apocalyptic