View Poll Results: Why do you like manga?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Peer influence - my friends read it so I do too, regardless of personal preference

0 0%
  • Escapism - my life sucks so I need a creative outlet to kick back and relax

1 50.00%
  • Education - I read to get an idea ofwhat people like so I can get a slice of the action

0 0%
  • Romanticism - I have acquired a great affection that I cannot entirely explain in tangible terms

1 50.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Magnitude-Ten.

I'm Magnitude-Ten.

Hello I'm Magnitude-Ten. I started drawing at a very young age. I absolutely love what I do, and I am very self-critical when it comes to anatomical proportions and other details.

There is a saying that the popularity of certain kinds of art is merely subjective. That said, I am extremely selective. Usually I don't bother buying manga at all. For me to buy it, something in the manga must possess not only high quality artwork, but certain values that rise above any other, like an outrageously enthralling story or a deathgrip-immersive atmosphere...something unbelievely memorable that I must reference once in a while.

I am considering exchanging project ideas with the community and gathering valuable feedback, if anyone is interested. It is my hope that you will enjoy my art to come.

~MagX

Pa PA

Nothing more to say.

It amuses me that you are offering me a paternal relationship. That lonely, huh?

naa, more a community quote.

Feel free to explain its meaning. I'm pretty sure you're not abbreviating Physician Assistant, Pennsylvania or Prince Albert, so take your time. Want a coffee?

Naa, I don't drink coffe.

So you don't know what Community (a tv serie) is?

Nope, never heard of it. And anyway, I'm too busy watching House and Friends reruns right now.

Ah I see. Well It was kinda obvious because you didn't reply my "Pa PA!".

Explaining:
    Magnitude is a secondary character on Community (magnitude = magnet of actitud), and he always says "Pa PA" and of course all characters love that.

I wrote "Pa PA" to see if your nick was because you knew about this epic tv serie or it was that you just for a mathematic, vectorial or physic reason.

Yes. My username is Magnitude-Ten because I like the order of magnitude and the value that extreme numbers are scaled accordingly to.

so you win 0 points in popular culture reference and 10 points in mathematical and physic reference.