Thread: /Wrinkles/Folds?

101 Dalmations Member

Post /Wrinkles/Folds?

I would like to know....Are Wrinkles/Folds in Men clothing is the same as Wrinkles/Folds in Female clothing? Do you draw them the same way? I having trouble getting Wrinkles/folds right.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    This all depends on the cloth. It doesn't necessarily matter the gender the clothing is made for, but where the creases and folds are specifically. Gravity does the rest.
    I draw all of my folds just the same depending on well...the density, weight, all that stuff. I suggest grabbing a bunch of reference images.
    Not like it can't be answered. This isn't a vague question like "What is art", but there's just too many possible answers that lead to more questions....soooo...research and reference bruh.
    Draw from life a bit.

It doesn't depend on the gender (though body curves indeed affect the wrinkles/folds), but it depends on the material. Hard leather won't give too much wrinkles/fold, but cotton or other "soft" clothing will have many wrinkles and folds. The best way to learn it is to take a look at the real thing... like wrinkles on clothes that you wear right now ^_^

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    First off:
    Deranged Laine's Fold Tutorial
    How to Draw Folds

Secondly:
    Gun and LV are correct. Gender doesn't matter. The weight of the fabric does matters and you should always consider what is pulling the fabric whether it's gravity or a body part.

101 Dalmations Member
    I get what you saying now...Thanks! ^^