Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ~*Blue Dragon Stuff-Mostly cleavage, but some nudity*~

your pics are really nice, however I do see a few problems...

Picture 1: -Your legs are actually twisted way too much. if you turn your leg, the leg gradually curves to the new angle. So the knee should be more of a 3/4 view. - I would make the abdomen a little more narrow, to enhance femininity. Girls are like guitars, at least the face-on view has the same curves. -your face looks a little high on her head, although it could be me

Picture 2: -Again, her bent leg is facing the back wall, wich is impossible unless it`s broken... it should be drawn in profile, like the rest of the body.-Right side of the torso shouldn`t cut in like that, but her left side is awesome. -the arm seems a little too bent. straighten it a bit and add a little line in the middle of the arm`s elbow to signify it`s bent. As this has been puzling me for the longest time I will ask this question, which is not a critique... how the hell do fairies keep their bras up? I mean their wings are in the way.....

Picture 3: Bottom left: -chin and cheeks are a little thick making her look uber fat. -eyes might be a little high Top Left: Same as before however her bangs are a little too high inplus. Although some have high hairlines, yours seems a little resessing. Middle: Don`t forget the jaw. Although female jaws aren`t as pronounced as males, they still have two directions that join with a curve, not a simple curve (sorry if this sounds mean, I am trying to explain but losing the words) Last (Right): The main thing here is the neck. it`s a little too thick. As in your display pic, the neck of females are in line with the middle of the eyes when males are at the outer edge (something I noticed with anime)

hope this was helpful.

That's really helpful! And you don't sound mean at all. It's hard for me to pin-point the problems myself, cause you stare at it for so long, you're like "Um...I can't figure it out." Both of you give me some great comments so I know what to work on tonight

Now I got work to do :P Arigatou!
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

[QUOTE=Blue_Dragon;51943]It's hard for me to pin-point the problems myself, cause you stare at it for so long, you're like "Um...I can't figure it out." [QUOTE]

I can totally relate. I have a certificate as a sign maker and when I am manipulating letters for 15 minutes straight, you start to wonder... "Is the word SALE spelled that way? it looks wrong to me...." What is recomended to do at that point is to remove yourself from the area and do something totally random and different. then when you come back to your work, you come with fresh eyes.

oh and Doidashimashite

Wow! I know I'm late responding, but I wanted to make sure I had stuffs to post before doing so this late in the game. All the critiques helped me greatly! Many thanks!

Max, I forgot to answer your question about the faerie wings. Her top/bra would go about the body just below the wings. I would guess that's what most people do :3 But I don't know for sure. Some fairys (different spelling) like Disney characters, wear a lot more clothing, so I don't know what they do o_O.

Before I post my next image that needs critiquing, I thought I'd let you see the adjustments I made to Siobhan:

SPOILER! :

Finished image:

Emotions changes:

And Catfish one:

Finished:

http://www.ceruleandreams.org/wp-con...s-Emotions.jpg

So my next few projects I'm going to post up here in hopes of getting my family's presents looking decent. My mom and sis want mermaids. Meg has one she wants copied from something Mom has on her bathroom wall, which won't be as tricky. But Mom's I gotta work with a Traffic song. Don't ask.

So I'm making a "pearly queen" mermaid, and I was hoping to do it like Mucha. I've gotta change her eyes and face to make it more realistic, but here's what I got so far:

It is a VERY rough draft...so I'm sorry it's so sloppy! I will have her full fin when I get a first draft. Mostly I'm looking for proportion issues--please help where you can! I always appreciate it!

Somewhere there's gotta be a seahorse, but I haven't gotten the composition planned out yet. I don't know if I want her in the middle, or if I'll have her off the side? Hm...I haven't done one in the middle for a while.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Double Post! Okay, here's the inked version. If anyone has time, and feels like it, please let me know if anything major is wrong, cause I have to start transferring to it canvas ASAP (gotta paint for my mommy!)

It's a big file, and I don't want to scale it down, so here's the link:

Pearly Queen

Also, updated, final image of Myfanwy:
    Myfanwy

I'll be coloring her soon.

You are pretty good with anatomy, but the problem i see is your faces. You still have some minor anatomy hic-ups but with time ( and practice) they will float away! As for the faces...well....
    SPOILER! :

It seems that you always draw them ........hrmm........chinless. and i understand that its in a mangish cutie style but i think that they are too rounded. Also in the mermaid one the head along with the neck is a tad bit high.
    BUT i really like everything else on the mermaid (i like the first one too, but its a bit simple to me ) All the accessory's, the pearl's, the hair jewelry and the clam-bra is a pure winn
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Mermaid! So awesome!

@ Ged:

Wow! Thanks for the help! And the compliments

You're right! I really need to work on the chins now. They all kinda end up looking the same there :/ Glad you helped! I'm getting ready to render a color version for mom before I start transferring it to canvas. I really like the faces you drew on them!!!!! Thanks for the red/green lines I'll fix it up now.

I wonder if I can work my crappy mouse enough to fix Myfanwy's boobs...hm...I'll see what I can do. Nice smiley thing, by the way. That's funny

@Sy:

Thanks! Much obliged :P

Like Gedeon said, your head has no chin, however some heads are round. To add a chin to a round head, start with a lightly drawn L shape, using the point where you want the chin. Use the longer end to touch the forhead, and the smaller end at the jaw. Then you can draw curves from those straight lines and then work the chin in, or draw heads like you have been doing but try to keep the L shape on the inside (the point should almost touch the face. That's what helped me at first...

Another problem I saw with your fairy is that your neck is straight. Since you tilted your head, your neck should tilt also, however only the half angle than the head. In other words, if your head is cocked at 45 degrees, then your neck would be tilted at 22.5 degrees. You don't need to measure, just keep in mind that the angle should be arround half of the head. If you start drawing a cylinder for the neck, you will find that one side (away from the angle) will look a little wide a the shoulders and the other side will look either normal or a tad in. The far side from the angle is supposed to look like that as the neck muscles streatch making this happen, and the other side should curve in a bit, so on the curved (or short) side, curve the bottom to make the bottom straight (like you have it now) and that should fix the neck.

Here's a picture that is a good refferance.
    http://wfiles.brothersoft.com/c/c_s/...01-480x360.jpg

hope this helps. if not can try to make a redline for you

Was that Catherine Zeta Jones? Yes it was! She is frickin' AWESOME! Thanks for the help I can't fix the fairy at this point (already submitted to the contest,) but Ill work on the face for my mermaid. I appreciate your time!