Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ~*Blue Dragon Stuff-Mostly cleavage, but some nudity*~

I prefer the second. But I don't get it, it's a dwarf or something like that?

Regardless if it's a dwarf or a gnome, you could fix the foot and hands.

Ha ha ha!

...epic fail on my part. She's not a dwarf... You've got a point though. Does she need longer legs? I tried to make her 7 heads tall. Hm...Maybe longer legs...Or even smaller chest (but its DnD...she kinda needs big boobs...)

Yeah, I need to fix the hands...I suck at hands still. Grrr! On the feet, do I need to redo the whole foot, or is it the toes? I think its something with the perspective the right foot (her left) too. Can't put my finger on it.

Thanks for the help so far!
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

If you want, don't fix anything. But if you do, yeah, I would redo the whole foot.

With the head of the second, try to give longer legs and arms, and also try to give a bit longer body (space between boobs and hips). And see how it look then.

Also I should point one nipple is higher than the other.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I'm a bit late to the party on the other ones, and lazy for that matter. So I'm gonna just go on the latest pic with the obvious.

First of all I don't draw women very often, and I'm not very good at it myself. BUT, there are some pretty out there anatomy issues.

Starting from to to bottom.

The hair seems a bit slapped on, I'd say she could do without the large black line separating the hair. Or at least break the line, that'd make it more whole. But right now it just looks like she's wearing the hair of two different people.
    Being careful with your line weight can help this.

Her face may seem a bit too big and her cheek bones are popping out like an Indian chieftan. From what I know, feminie features are more rounded out. Although I may be wrong with this, considering she's a DnD character, and this kind of facial structure usual shows toughness and bravery. Especially in a woman.

Her arms are good up until the elbow, which from then on, they becoe very short. I would move the arm up a bit more so you'll have room to lengthen it, and also make a good, normal size, hand. Same with the other.

About her chest area. Tits.

On the waist, it seems that for her body type, she'd need some nice hips to support said 'tits.' Therefore widening the hips would give her more figure, and support for her upper body, so it's more balanced.

Same with the arms, they're good up until the lower parts. I mean the detail is good, but she gets very short. Unless she's a hobbit. In that case, she's missing hair on her feet, and other places.
    Just lengthen her legs, stand back from your screen/paper and check her height, that helps to see what's wrong.

Also I missed something about her chest.
    Tits.

It's hard to miss anything around her chest :P

Awesome, thanks a lot for helping out (Clock, too)

Okay, gotta get to work on that. I think that gives me plenty to work on

you call that 7 head tall? she actually looks like 4 or 5 heads tall to me. at first glance atleast.

I'm pretty sure that's not even six heads.

also in drawing any body, make sure you pay attention to the width of everything.
    usually for girls(in my style) shoulders= 2 heads wide, or 1 and a half heads wide.
    and hips would be the exact wide as the shoulders, sometimes it goes smaller, and sometimes it goes wider for kid girls(cause kids has smaller torso)

think carefully of the size comparison of everything, think carefully of every part, of how big every single part of the body should be.
    most of them isn't measured trough the head.
    make your own analysis, and redline your own favorite characters, after that all is just auto didactic.

Thanks! Will do!

Fenn
    Just wanna say your doing a great job accepting criticism and really applying it to your work. The difference is noticeable. Nice work!

I'm sooooo late with the reply, but thank you Fenn! You're such a positive person It's admirable. I think I'm gonna work on her tonight, since I don't have to go into work until 4:30 tomorrow. And I think Kodos wants some art stuffs...plus I want to get some extra points for my character, hee hee hee.

Edit:

Okay, anyone who wants a stab at this, tell me if it's any better. Yes, she's missing a foot. I am having trouble with it, but I'm still working on it. I tried to widen her hips, worked on making her right arm longer and fix the hand. I also tried to take suggestions on the hair. And she should be at least 6 heads now (I don't want to make her 7 heads...blah. Too much work.) I made her torso longer, too. One foot's done...and I hope it looks okay. I'm still working on it, but hopefully I'll have the next draft done tonight, or tomorrow (I'll scan inked version, I just used my camera for this sketch.)

She will have a dress on when it's done, but I'm hoping the proportions are better this time.
    Last edited by Blue_Dragon; 11-02-2011 at 04:29 AM.

Heya BD, I think you're definitely getting there with the proportions. The big question is what do you want the viewer to see when you look at her. Do you want to them to see a sexy yet strong woman? Or do you want to scrap attractiveness for a feminine version of a barbarian.

Right now with the way her proportions are, she reminds me of a dwarf woman. This is mainly because her legs are very short compared to the rest of her body. Her right thigh (our left) in particular is really short. This isn't bad if this is what you were going for. She actually looks really powerful right now because of her squat, thick build.

If you aren't going for that, I would definitely consider lengthening the legs. A good rule of thumb for that is that the legs should be close to half the height of the body. Right now the torso is almost half the height by itself. I would also move her right rib cage line (on our left) in a little bit.

Sorry if this is a bit confusing. Telling us some background on the character, such as what race she is and what physical attributes she is supposed to have will help us a lot in tailoring a useful critique for you.