Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: ~*Blue Dragon Stuff-Mostly cleavage, but some nudity*~

Okay, these are the other two I am trying to fix up:
    I posted Oisinn earlier. I tried to take people's advice (though I didn't have time to look up facial anatomy much.) I think I may need to lower the right (his left) eye some more, and possibly move it over to the right more? Maybe move the left (his right) further left, but not sure. Here's two pictures I used for comparison, I think the second may be better for how he's facing :/
    SPOILER! :

Since the first one I posted is on another page, here's what he used to look like before critiques (see, I try to listen!)
    SPOILER! :

And this one I'm redoing. She's a character from I book I tried to write in High School which...I probably won't finish, or will maybe turn into a comic instead? Dunno yet. This is actually a dragon in human form.

The original from 2005 (post-High school):
    SPOILER! :

If anyone has time (I know I'm not the best "critiquer"--though I do try ) please let me know if there's some stuffs to change. Looking at Oisinn again, I think he right (our left) arm is still too short...I should probably measure those. Well, any suggestions are helpful :3
    Last edited by Blue_Dragon; 03-24-2013 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Added the first version I posted of Oisnn to show changes
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

The first one, the hif left eye is ok, maybe a bit lower and moved a bit further a part might help, try flipping the image ;D. His left arm on the other hand is bit short shoulder wise. Just make the deltoid more noticeable, atm is almost non existing.

As for the second one, I would suggest try simplifying the facial feature, Like the nose and the lips, you can leave those for the shading part.

Thank you! I'm going to give that a go and see if it helps I appreciate the help :3

wow nice sketches! you're on a roll bd :3
    might need to be careful with stiffness of pose and chicken scratch sketch style... (no offense k? ^u^ just worried about it)
    details are all good :3 might need to unleash more of the creative sketching spirit by practicing the way you put marks on your paper (don't scratch out lines... just make continuous fluid lines). I see lots of potential in ur style :3 keep it up ;3
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

Thanks so much! I'll see what I can do about my sketching. Maybe I'll try to do some contour drawings?

Okay, I worked on this bit, so I think I should post her for critique. I'm going to get back to Oisinn her shortly, I may even just edit this post and add him in later.

But this one I tried to take some of the advice I got earlier. First, I did the regular sketch, then flipped her. The final post is what I did after checking out the flipped version. So now I'm looking for anything else that needs fixing before I move on to inking. Hey, the second one isn't as scratchy! It usually isn't, once I do the second sketch

SPOILER! :

I may change her mouth a bit. I don't want too much detail, but I'm not sure if it should be so low. May move it up a bit. Ah! I also need to see if I should add bit of her other foot. Oops.

Very cute! I think face-wise, the first looks the best because of the structure and proportions. You may want to try widening the hips, it looks like she'd fall over if she stood up from the weight of her unbalanced upper body
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Hmm, there is something about the curve of the legs, it seems rather extreme, so much so that I would think that the bones are also starting to bend O_O

@jjjorgie: Yeah, I was thinking that about the face. I may try to mix the two. And make them hips bigger

@demon: Dude, right! Oh man, I'm gonna try to find some type of picture with legs similar.

This one kinda works: , but not exactly (and obviously not the same pose.) But right, I need to think about the bones! Thank you! I think I the ankle's out of place, too, for that matter. It stretches too long from where the bone would end.

Well, that's something to think about!

Here's some other stuff I worked on. Not really needing too much critiquing, more taking other people's critique's into mind:

This is the arm fix? I tried. But the face, I am fixing like you see above
    SPOILER! :

This is the image I modeled the body after. This is NOT my art, but you can see where the pose came from, to give Eddy Holly credit for his fantastic work.

Most other things I would have mentioned have already come up, but just at a glance, I can't help feeling her body is a little off centre. Personally, I'd move the collar bone a little to her right and make her left shoulder slightly smaller, just to balance it out.