Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: ~*Blue Dragon Stuff-Mostly cleavage, but some nudity*~

Really cute stuff!! I love your style!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Thanks a bunch

Okay, last year I got some critiques for my sister's mermaid...I just got it done. I'm giving it to her for Christmas, so if anyone has any suggestions before I wrap it, let me know! I was debating on whether or not to put a bit of clear-blue over the images in the foreground...to make it look more underwater...but I dunno. Any opinions?

The original mock-up
    SPOILER! :

Her head/hair was messed up. Supposed to look under-watery, like it's floating. Also, I think her neck looks a bit man-ish, so I omitted that line when I painted.

Here's the image for critique:

Also, I think his head is way too big...

I'm not very good at painting Any suggestions for him, besides finishing the bottom? I'm gonna have words down there.

edit: I always like to update when I finish something I received critiques on. I know I just posted the black and white line art not too long ago. Here's the colored version. It's sloppy. I should fix it, especially the shoes.

SPOILER! :
    Last edited by Blue_Dragon; 11-30-2012 at 05:26 PM.
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

I think with your skin colouring you need to be less scared to used darker tones. I notice that in the pieces the colours are very smoothly run together and it's hard to tell any value. Also I would suggest not smoothing the shading out so much on the skin. Also with the mermaids tail, I think you should be adding a few highlights to give the feel of scales and such. Lastly I think on the final picture that her legs are a bit short. Other than that I like the pieces a lot nice artwork

Yeah, I can see what you mean. Thanks for the help! I'll see what I can do before I wrap it up.

As for the last one...I'll need to work on the legs a bit before I start any comic or anything with her. Thanks again!

Du-du-du-double post! Raise the roof!

Oh wow!

Anyway, onto my cousin's request. Got some old school Mario. I know I need to fix up his left hand (our right.) Does his body look proportioned? And I was having trouble with his left foot. Man, I'm sucking at his left side today! Oh...that didn't sound right :/ Oh well!

Edit: 12/18/12

Here's the finished version. I didn't want to triple post without a new critique, so I'm just editing.

Last edited by Blue_Dragon; 12-18-2012 at 11:32 PM.

Trying to get this character down. I think his head is too big, though. I also think the left (our right) eye is either too far over or too big. Any suggestions? *also, I have his feet on a separate sheet of paper...but I haven't had time to scan them on.

SPOILER! :

She's very static. Her toes are also on another page (I need to draw them higher up on the page *le sigh*) I plan to work on her...

SPOILER! :

Chen again. Any major problems or anything? Besides the unfinished railing he's sitting on?

SPOILER! :

These last two are for a commission I'm working on. I think he actually wants the woman's body to look more like a bison...but with the clothes on still? I dunno, I'll figure it out, but if anyone has any comments for that, please let me know cause I'm not very good with furries.

SPOILER! :

Any help is more than appreciated!

On the first, his upper arm on the right is much longer and thicker than the other. I think you tried to foreshorten the upper arm on the left, but at the almost 3/4 view we see him, it shouldn't be that short.

On the second: her eyes are a bit too far apart. Her head is too big and her arms too long for the body.

On the third: He looks really cool! We shouldn't be able to see that much of the far shoulder. I'd raise the lips just a bit to make room for the jaw.

On the fourth: I think her legs may be a tad bit too short, but I'm not for sure.

On the last: His upper arm on the left is longer than the one on the right, while the forearm on the left is shorter than the other. His legs are a little too short.

You have some great designs and I love your style! Try to use smoother lines rather than really scratchy ones and keep polishing your anatomy. Hope this help!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

JJ summed up pretty much what I think needs fixing, but I think you should invest some time in realistic head studies, personally I think there some wonky anatomy going on there, you also seem to neglect foreshortening of the far away eye in a couple of them. Got some interesting designs there it has to be said.

Thank you two so much! That helps me a lot Especially with the first and second one. I just kept getting stuck and erasing too much (the chick I really needed to just stop and get someone else to look at it! The paper is getting thin.) I think I may also need to make her eyes a little different. I don't get the feel she's sixteen...hm...need to dig out my manga books for age differences.

I'm going to have two more to post soon...but this one has been bugging me for a while. There's so much wrong with her back arm...and the peace sign hand is small. I won't get started the guy...his left (our right) eye is too far over...and there's more crap. Crap.

And...this one could use some work, too. Namely his eyes and hands...and also...I thought his legs were long enough, but I need to measure again. Been too rushed lately.

Holy crap! New kitty. And it's so appropriate! I'm going to bed...