Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ~*Blue Dragon Stuff-Mostly cleavage, but some nudity*~

yes, yes 'twas CZJ. and you can always fix the faiery, maybe not for the contest, but you can always fix it

Shifting gears now to work on my sister's mermaid. Hers is going to be a little tougher, cause she hates anime and manga...o_O
    And she wants her to look like a Victoria Secret Model...(ha ha, she better set her sights lower.)

Here's what I got as a character sketch. I'm working on her looks more than her body at this point:

Same sketch, just different lighting to help bring out the lines.

Sorry I haven't been around much helping with other people's stuff--I have a lot on my plate. I accept critiques with extreme gratitude for your time! I am going to try to catch up with some critiques this weekend. Feel free to comment if you have time! Thank you to anyone who does!
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

you are getting really good. However I found the following three errors on your 3/4 view pose:

1. her left eye seems higher than the right one

2. her arm is huge and should be thinner (seriously like a cilinder) your outer/bottom line looks fine to me now (although it could be that both are wrong but the upper line makes the bottom line look good) but the upper/inner line looks too flat and too abrupt in the armpit. widen the deltoid region by bringing the armpit line down and adding a soft little n at the top. Then curve the line corresponding to it's counterpart forming a parallel. Then draw the boob over it (like don't cut it off with the arm).

3. her rib cage looks too long. the part under her left breast looks too thick and makes her look like a part is missing. Try one fluid curve on that side.

hope that helps...

La la la la! Okay, I get goofy in the AM hours. So I got some new things I have been working on. He's a character that's gonna be in my comic later on (haven't scripted him in yet, but I've had in planned from the get-go.) I don't have my notes with me, so I don't remember his full name, but his last name is Chen (yeah, really original, I'm sure.) He likes ladies clothes. I do draw actual masculine guys...I just haven't posted any for critiques yet Sorry! It'll come.

Here's the first one, crits always appreciated:

I'm thinking his head is too big, first off. Maybe his spine isn't aligned? And I think his cheek is off a bit. I need to redo the hair, too. I messed up on the lines cause my desk was cluttered and I didn't feel comfortable moving my elbow (kept almost knocking things off...uh...maybe I should have moved things, but I was lazy.)

Second one is actually an updated version of an older drawing I did a couple years back. But...I think it could still use improvement:

Here's the one needing critiques by itself:

The hair do's an allusion (a really far-fetched one) to David Cronenberg's M Butterfly, which also (read if you don't care if a major point of this film is disclosed)
    SPOILER! :
    features a Chinese Transvestite. Uh...hope I didn't just spoil that movie for anyone (I doubt many even know of its existence, it's a pretty F*ed up movie. Still, gotta love Jeremy Irons :P)

*Sorry for poor quality, but due to our move, my scanner's not hooked up. Had to use the good old camera. No, he is not farting hearts...I plan to move those up later...cause I'm too juvenile to look at those and think anything else.

Also, thanks for all your critiques! I finally got that DnD character done, so I'll post her here. I'm not very good with coloring images...you can critique if you want, but...she's pretty much done. I probably won't be going back to her for this image.

Oh no, I just realized I forgot to make some of the changes Ged suggested Sorry! I wasn't ignoring your advice! I just forgot to check cause it'd been a while since I worked on her. Gomenasai!

Thanks ahead of time to anyone who bestows me with their everlasting wisdom!
    Last edited by Blue_Dragon; 04-16-2012 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Added Something

I'm putting this one is spoilers, cause it's inappropriate for kids.

Trying to work on a demon character. Want it to look kinda nasty. But I'm not sure if I'm getting it.

SPOILER! :

Here's the reference. Yes, it's Kate Moss (she's pretty scary.)

Any help is appreciated, of course.

wow lots of pics! for the first one, i think the mouth might need to be moved to the right a bit? coz of the 3/4 view and the position of the nose, i feel it may be a bit off.

for the demon, comparing it with the ref, i think the right (our left) leg might need to be brought inwards a bit, and the knee made a little higher - in the pic, the knee is in line with just under her chin, in your pic it's a little lower down. i think maybe the same with the other leg, it seems a bit far out and the knee to low in comparison with the ref - but hey, maybe the demon isn't as bendy? awesomely dynamic pose though, good job, and i like all the pics you've posted

Thanks for the help! I'm going to try to work on the top one tonight, and definitely try to fix up the face. I want to say something's up with the body, too, but I'm not sure. Can't find all my reference books D: (was using my roommate to pose, but he's out tonight.)

Yeah, the demon needs a looooot of work. You're right, I need to fix up those legs! Ah!!!!!!! Got a lot to do.

Thanks again for the crit. I'll see what I can do to ^^

For Chen, I think the body's actually okay - if you make the head a little smaller, the proportions should be fine. His forearm is a little long though and his left leg is a bit awkward - it looks as if it's too high up compared to his waistline.

It's not quite an exact match, but if you're struggling for references, try this: http://www.posemaniacs.com/archives/1478 You can rotate the figure horizontally too, if that helps any.

For the M Butterfly type character, I definitely like the new version better - his/her body has more movement to it and the face is more delicate. I think the head is still slightly too large for the body though. Even for a feminine or androgynous character, the shoulders will look very narrow if they're less than twice the width of the head.

So yeah, I hope that's of some use. They're not big problems, just keep at it

I know it's a late late late reply, but thanks Gaff! I try not to reply when I don't have images to post. Maybe I'll break that rule in the future...I will definitely use that link! It's awesome :3

I've been away a while. Here's some updates and new thingies for critiques.

Last year I did a mermaid for mom. There are two "finished" versions. One is the digital image I liked, the other is the finished painting:

SPOILER! :
    (I liked this one best, but there's no background since it's a mock-up)

The X-mas gift:

Also, this is the finished version of Chen. I know it's pixelated. I was too lazy to scan it. This was just for fun:
    SPOILER! :

Okay, on the critique stuff.
    Long time ago on the old forum (well, the one before this) I got some critiques on this image:
    SPOILER! :

Here's the updated version. I need to fix her left leg (right to us) and I don't like her eyes. I think I'm gonna move the left eye (our right) in more. Maybe I should shrink her left (our right) hand down a bit too, but I could be wrong.

Any help is appreciated. If not, it's fine, since it helps me just posting it and looking at it :P

looks like you have improved a lot, good job!