Thread: the sanny collection 2.O!!!! xD

the sanny collection 2.O!!!! xD

oookie. so its been a hell of a long time since i last came on here for a critique. so during that time, i never actually stopped working on all my manga shtuff but i know one thing: it's gotten better!!
    so without further ado, lets get started!!

yes laugh at where i started, but the one on the left you know looks badass

yes i know its not manga, but it's a different style that i've been working on lately.

and back to what i was known for back at the old fourm: KICK ASS GRAFFITI!!

mah good ol oc, wes.

something i should probably think about finishing.

ninjas+pirates=NINJAPIRATE!!

ehh its a sketch page out of my sketch book.

awww. pretty!

something i did for a friend!
    I also have a few other things on:
    http://sanny1264.deviantart.com/
    ^tah-dah!! go there now. you know you want to! DO IT NOW DAMMIT!!

lol.
    so please tell me guys, have i improved since the last time some of you guys have seen my artwork? and for people that haven't seen me on the fourms, what do you think of it!? im back for good now.... i think. so please comment!!

i like em they give off good expression

Hey its scott pilgrim

One Thousand Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayashida View Post
    Hey its scott pilgrim
    I saw that too, that makes this guy awesome.

Anyway, I don't think I can critique everything but I'll try my best.

From what it looks like, you improved a a lot. I'm not sure if it's style or not, but I'll just throw this out there. A lot of your characters bodies look somewhat small. (Heads aren't proportionate to the body, they are a little bigger) Many people have this as a style, and it's fine to have if your not going for a realistic style.

Some of the later drawings skull's don't look full, they look sort of like a big circle. A skull is an odd shape, try looking at some pictures of them. It also seems like you are avoiding ears, which is fine as well, but it could add a little more cosmetic detail to a face.

I'll try to come back and give a more in-depth crit later, because I don't feel like this one is as good as it should be. (I haven't critiqued for a few months) but in the mean time other people can help and I can give you some helpful links:

Rio's tutorials on this site are amazing. Don't leave without taking a look at them.
    Mark Crilley on Youtube. You don't (And shouldn't) follow his advice exactly, it's just fun to watch and you learn a lot.

If you have any questions/concerns, feel free to ask. C:

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Your charactersare underweight. Theres no muscle definition that i can see and it just kinda looks like tubes with hands (no offense). Thin appendages are classic to young characters but even on kids have some muscle on them.
    The heads are to big for the bodies and makes them look to short.
    the pics with swords are off. The first one is about to stab himself with that sword. The entire sword needs to be reversed in his hand or his hnads grip needs to reverse so its holding it more naturally (back of the hand facing up to the sky instead of down to the ground). the second one with a sword is off because the blade is upside down. The hand guard of the sword faces out so when you slash at some one it protects your hand from being cut (and your hand guard does that) but the blade is facing the wrong way. the curve of the blade should be facing out the same way as the hand guard otherwise you have to swing in twords yourself to cut anything (very dangerous).

lol well,
    @evil cake: okay thanks bro. glad you see that!
    @hayashida: why yes it is scott!
    @ozzaharwood: lol. nah im not awesome, because clearly you called me out on everything im doing wrong. -_-" but thanks for that. i needed that. as it seems i can never seem to get the f*Cking head proportions right! which now that you say that makes me want to scream out FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFiIRETRUCK!!! but i also have to say. some of this stuff is older so i should probably clear some things up and label which pictures are newer and older. but thanks for the critique. i dunno i just need better proportion links. i mean like i can't find any legit ones that SPEAK IN ENGLISH ANYWHERE (english as in make sense if you catch my drift, bro). or that give me a solid technique cause yeah body proportions kill me everytime i post on this site. -_-"

@psy: yeah muscle tone is something that i've never actually worked with too much. and yes i do notice that some of the characters are underweight. I WANT TO CHANGE THAT SO EFFING BADLY!! GEEZUZ!! like i said before, some of the pictures are from wayyy back so i should probably label which ones area older and newer. but hey thanks for the critique. it was brutal, but i needed it.

WOOHOO!! so that was a good welcome back to the fourms!! i'll be sure to post some other crap i make in my school notebooks this weekend. but not tomorrow because tomorrow is... FRIDAY! FRIDAY! GOTTA GET DOWN ON FRIDAY!! PARTYIN' PARTYIN'! YEAH!!!

OKAY! so after a week of busyness for me. i didn't reply. at all.
    PHAIL!!
    LOL. anyway but even in that two weeks time i only have liek 4 pics to show.
    well anyway onto the pics.
    since last time, a majority of critiques said my heads were to damn big and proportions were off. SOOO, i tried my "hardest" (?) to fix that.

FROM STRAIGHT OUTTA BIO I BRING YOU SKETCH CRAP!!

another quick sketch. except this time its actually in a sketch book!

TECHNICOLOR!!

another attempt to fix my so called, "style".
    it kinda sucks cause now that i've finally noticed the heads are too big on most of my work im really bugged and annoyed. lol. oh well.
    anywho, did i fix the "problem" in my art work? if i did then whats the next step i should take to bump up the proportions??? lol. i need your guys' help cause i have a hard time figuring this stuff out! XD

omg...this is ubermegatripleinstant improvement, I trully believe you just need some more work on the proportions and then you'll be a hell of an artist....your style is still developing, the emotions/faces are incredibly well done...this is where I got problems, to give some life to my drawings
    Rollin over the \/\/0RL|)

@nerdonoff: really? you think so? thanks dude!! i appreciate the comment! it's not very hard to make emotions on the face. what i do is i think of what kind of faces a person would make during a situation of some sort.

anywho. so yeah, i don't really have much too show this time. I found this really old sketch of mine that i've always like so i photoshoped it for coloring practice, and i have to say it turned out well!

tah-dah!! okay so what do you think? the pic that i found was an older one that had my signature big head. but this one still has the same thing except i messed with some of the other proportions. I'm still not finished with it, so that's why its got all the crappy lines.