Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game trailers

Game trailers

Which would you prefer, a bad game trailer that shows mostly actual gameplay or an amazing trailer that dosnt tell you much about the game (pre rendered or CGI)?

I prefer game trailers that just look good tbh. Live action game trailers are usually p. cool.

I want amazing trailers that shows both gameplay and story. Actually, how a trailer could be amazing if it's only still pictures that tells no gameplay at all?

Dead island trailer o-o its fking amazing but tells you basically nothing about the game or the graphics because its all pre done CGI not game graphics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn0_J2OZcgk

My brother showed me that trailer the other day. its so sad maaaan that kid is deaaaaaddd.
    Anyway, what's with all the zombie games lately

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.

There are 2 kinds of trailers, the progressives and the neutrals (I don't know how to name them in english, so deal with this).

A trailer need to show about what the game/movie is about without telling all the story, letting knowing the basic idea.

A trailer that show to much about the story or the character is usually concidered a bad trailer (because you spoil information), also a trailer that doesn't tell you the basic idea is a bad trailer (this would be concidered as a teaser in some cases).

Dead Island and the one of Batman are progressive trailer that are good, because they let you know the basic idea but they don't tell you anything about the story (in Batman you know that Hugo Strange know the secret of Bruce Wayne, but it never show how this work, its only used as a hook).

Now with this clear a bad trailer is not the one that shows you the gameplay and neither is amazing a trailer that doesn't show you anything about the game. Those standars do not classify a good or bad trailer, it only tell you the amount of information they gave you. You can do a awesome trailer showing cut scenes of game play, as the same time, you can do a crap trailer using only cinematics.

A example of a Game Trailer that shows gameplay but not gaving you all the information about the game is Devil May Cry 3 trailer

What I preffer? as I have been saying, neither showing or not gameplay in the trailer make it bad, so I have no opinion between these options. For my is simple, if the trailer is good en presentation and music I'm going to love it, if is not, I'm going to think the game is shit.
    Last edited by ClockHand; 03-18-2011 at 03:22 PM.

One Thousand Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar
    I like it when the company does multiple ones. The first trailer is usually a teaser trailer, only showing the awesomeness of the game. The second and third are usually more about story and gameplay, but are also awesome. That's the kind I like.

Thats is used to keep the people exited.

You throw one that shows almost nothing way before the release (months or a year before). The of course you need to keep the people thinking in the game, so you throw another with some gameplay. And finally you need to throw the one that close this and tell people "hey, our game is going to be released in some days more, be ready".

Is great to keep people exited (so of course i like that to), but with one really one trailer it can be enough (Dead Island cof cof).

Fenn
    I prefer TV trailers that use CG to hype the game.

After one good entertainment trailer I don't care and want to see video walkthroughs.