Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Discussion Skype(+Stream): FRIDAY 21/6, CHECK TIME IN THREAD

Are you intending to record these at all? I'd have been curious to know what was said about panelling.

I'm not really sure to be honest, I guess it is a possibility. As for paneling, Clock shared a useful book which was called 'Theory of Comics & Sequential Art' by Will Eisner.

I dont think it has effect when its only audio, we also use files and links and stuff @_@
    Quote Originally Posted by Togame
    Cheerio

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Pick up Eisner's other book as well if you ever get the chance.

I suggest instead of jumping around from subject to subject, clock, or whoever's organizing this set up a curriculum. Laying basic foundations for stuff you'll learn later on, you know?

You guys should get someone to record it and share with us :C

Quote Originally Posted by Joosh View Post
    I suggest instead of jumping around from subject to subject, clock, or whoever's organizing this set up a curriculum. Laying basic foundations for stuff you'll learn later on, you know?
    But in order to this we actually need what everyone knows or wants to know instead of starting from zero tbh. I don't know xD

We figured that we could maybe work with a system to divide up the time by 2 things.
    Half of the time(probably 40 minutes) will be spend criticing works people want to
    Other half will be about the subject we choose we want to know more about/discuss
    Cheerio

Quote Originally Posted by Joosh View Post
    There is also the issue of teaching, so far people seem to be showing up to discuss and talking about particular areas rather than have it as a lecture set up.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Why not just do a first come first serve system? Like those talk radio shows that have callers call in and ask their questions and you get an answer from the talk show host. If it happens to be something you don't know about - good for you. If it's something you already know, then get in line and ask your own question. Also, if there's a lot of people on, limit discussion to 5 minutes per question/topic. If there's only a few people, then you can devote more time answering questions.

It's not really like we're answering questions i mean we are all amateurs i realise you mean we can still discuss it, but we were looking for more like having everyone just being there to discuss with everyone whatever they would llike and just helping each other out.

It's not really we are teaching, it's more of a guidance.

THE CHAT WILL PROBABLY BE THIS FRIDAY, SO YEAH.
    Cheerio