Thread: Hello everyone

Hello everyone

Hello all
    it's 5am and I want to draw manga god damn it!
    I have no talent, can I still learn??

Steve

you can still learn how to draw, their is no special time to learn how to draw. all you need is the love and the motivation to draw. by the way how can we help you to learn how to draw? do you need any specific help?

Fenn
    Okay here we go! To start drawing:

- draw some manga. This isn't a joke. Draw what you think manga looks like/should look like, no references or anything.
    - draw from references. Find manga images and try to copy them.

Then post in the critique corner and we can see where you are.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    No, you'll never learn, it's past 5 AM you missed your chance.
    Just messing xD.

Ok well, I don't know if you've checked the tutorials on the homepage, but you probably should. Not to mention the bunch of links posting in this section.

Also yea, do what Fenn suggested, but I suggest using references the whole time and not tryinig to completely copy them. Just get the shape, it's all about shape at this point. Once you get that, then go for the fancy stuff.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Anyone can learn just as long as they try and keep at it. Everyone's mentioned some great replies so try what they said. Btw, don't draw while your hands are cold - your drawings won't turn out as well since your hands are so stiff. (Mentioning this since you're up so early in the morning when it's usually colder...)

101 Dalmations Member Alexander_Hamilton's Avatar
    The idea of talent is mostly silly. The people who are good at art are those that practice for hours and hours for years as years. As long as you work hard at it of course you an learn. (: Make sure not to just study manga; study all of the general principles of art and drawing.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander_Hamilton View Post
    The idea of talent is mostly silly. The people who are good at art are those that practice for hours and hours for years as years. As long as you work hard at it of course you an learn. (: Make sure not to just study manga; study all of the general principles of art and drawing.
    Also it depends on your motives. If its for fun then don't let rules and standards hold you down; create something you will enjoy!