Thread: Show off your desktop thread

Show off your desktop thread

We had one of these back at the old archived MT thread(the april 2010 one). Anyway, here are mine:

I've made it so that each of these themes are available in easy selection at anytime my mood changes. It took me about 2 hours to around all the bugs and make it so. And by the way, this is Ubuntu. my windows is down, and now I know that Windows sucks.

And the panel on the left and bottom is autohide.
    Last edited by IanPMD; 03-14-2011 at 10:34 AM.

Nice themes. Ubuntu is nice but I still prefer Windows 7 - best Desktop OS ever made. My Ubuntu runs as a virtual machine as the last version didn't worked out of the box and I don't have time right now to make it work. Everytime I buy a computer with new hardware linux fails miserably. I also moved from a Linux server to Windows Server 2008 R2 and from php/mysql to ASP.NET/MsSQL. Really impressed so far

Anyway, here's my screen:

I can't remember if we had a thread like this already, so I'm not gonna close this, but it should be in the CB so I'm moving it there.

That may be true. It's only because I've used nothing newer than Xp, the newer versions are out of my technical reach. But still, I enjoy the complete personalization that ubuntu offers me. I actually spend a lot of time changing visual aspects of my screened stuff, so, yeah. The later versions of ubuntu do work out of the box though. More like out of the .iso since it's free to download.

Would you mind explaining what that ubuntu 10.10 icon on your desktop does?

@Xano, yeah Ubuntu is very nice and custumisible.
    The icon is to VirtualBox. As I said I'm running it in a virtual machine. Let me show you what's cool about Virtual Box.
    See:

It's the seemless mode. It basicly removes the background of the OS and makes it so that you only see windows so it looks like it's integrated into the host OS. You can also do it the other way around. Install VBox inside Ubuntu and have Windows work seemless-ly inside the Gnome.

Otherwise it looks like:

The cool think about Linux is that it has almost every application and tool translated into my native language (Bulgarian)
    Windows has it too but not many software is translated because everything is commercal.

Uh, so, thread delete?