Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: MiKus ArT| What actually happened to me......

Quote Originally Posted by nisaren View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean about the tutorial not being effective because of perspective. The main points I took away from it were basically:

1. Start with low opacity brushes and work by gradually building up.
    2. Make sure you desaturate the color of the areas where clouds will be before you start building up the cloud, since the presence of humidity has that effect on the color of the sky (regardless of the color pallete you are using).
    3. Take your time and don't rush into just plopping fluffy white clouds down. Unless you want cartoonish fluffy white clouds.

The problem I have with this is that this is to produce more photorealistic clouds and therefore it takes a long time and a lot of passes to actually achieve a really nice effect. If your goal isn't to create photorealistic clouds or creating them makes the rest of your piece look odd, then maybe some other tutorials would work better. Honestly though, I think working something to that level is good practice and then you can choose how high a finish you want depending on the piece.

As an aside, I wanted to say that I do like your drawing style. My only issue with it is that it feels like your linework is too thick. I'd love to see you draw a piece and really pare down the lines so that the colors can take more of a central place.
    Ah, yes!

I should clarify.

Clouds exists in three main states: short lived cirrus wisp clouds, bunched cumulus clouds, and something inbetween (thick layered stratus clouds like fog).

The tutorial is a take on high altitude wisp clouds. In reality, these clouds are easy to do as you need to just use the smudge tool.

Either way, it's nice, but it doesn't address her specific problem.

In MiKuRu's painting, she's using various cumulus clouds as her main background. Based on the perspective on her character, the tutorial will not work too well because the angle is straight up into the sky (high enough to show these cirrus clouds).

That's why I suggested to her to learn how to paint various different clouds as a means to understand when and where it can exist.

I'm actually going to create another tutorial just for this particular problem. I will link it when I am done.
    Last edited by Sonny; 03-09-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MiKuRu View Post
    [PS: I don't know why but it looks better when I minimize the pic lol....]
    Because the raw details aren't as obvious. One of the tricks of the trade if you don't like cleaning your lines is to draw your original work in a very large size and then re-size it down. Lines will look smoother and you won't see faults as much as you would if you saw the original piece. It's also why comic book artists tend to create their original work in paper that are X-sizes above the final print size.

@ Rio: Ahh I see. Now when I think about it Matt and crow told me to try out something similar before Dx. I should have known better OTL.

Incoming GB UPDATES!

So yea a pic which I will never be able to finish[Cuz it keeps getting trolled on] I thought I would try something new other then my old Moe style . I really like how this came out. I know for sure that I can't do armor coloring properly OTL but I'm willing to improve on that. Anyway the guy[Yukimura Sanada] is a game character from Samurai Warriors. He is my most fav character in the game xD.

Oh look its Nyu and Nyu?????? Btw the angle of the pic is screwed up OTL.
    SPOILER! :
    Its her twin sister

This is my friends character Vithy . Drew it for her as a gift. He is a very cute character x3.
    SPOILER! :
    Btw its a guy. TRAP!

Something I did on Pchat and also my first time on it. Pchat is p good but to be honest I like the gb better Dx[maybe its because I'm new to Pchat]. Anyway did sort of like a collab with a friend xD.
    Last edited by MiKuRu; 03-26-2011 at 02:45 PM.

GB Updates

SaiMoe season 2 concept banner. Its Mana and Sakura our double winners . Spare me this time cuz atm I don't have anywhere else to make the banner >_>... This laptop I'm using has no PS or Sai and also I'm still on my mouse so forgive the lines and everything else about this banner... I tried really hard to keep the lines clean and neat I swear. And also I'm trying to think of a place where I can make the wordings but for now the banner is just like this. Sorry if it super plain and all TvT. I'll try to upgrade it with whatever resources I have.
    Last edited by MiKuRu; 03-26-2011 at 02:43 PM.

You should try giving more shades to your colouring. Like maybe a second darker shade, and even a high light colour.

Usually I would do more colors on PS but on the GB I'm usually very plain[in other words lazy] but yea I guess I should give it more shades . Thanks for the comments .

more GB updates.....

Nono from DiEBuster . Finally did a fan art for it x). I based this off a picture I found. The pic was too awesome so I had to do it xD. Will be doing more fan art of DieBuster .
    Last edited by MiKuRu; 03-26-2011 at 02:43 PM.

.....T.T why can't i see yor artwork..........@.o i cant see them when i press the spoiler icon......O.@ STILL NOTHING!!!!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    ^^^
    This. None of the images are showing up Miku.
    Maybe you can link to your DA if you've posted your are there?

Whaaatttt...... But it shows up on my comp D:.... You guys sure nothing is showing up?? I'll change the URL's if thats the case sorz guys >.<;; oh and usually I don't post my gb stuff on DA Dx.

I can see all the images