Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2Kings Manga

I'm just curious, are you from Japan? If you are, then it's no problem. If you aren't then you should have put it somewhere closer or even in your own home country.

Art is pretty good, but the heads seems like they are squashed (third panel page 4 and 2nd panel page 5). Also, is the first image in the manga a stock picture? I'm wondering because the quality of the Bg dropped from being really good to flat office buildings with few details.

The accent thing should be mostly used in Kei's dialouge , rather than thinking boxes or you should make it clear that Kei has a strong accent before cutting to the thinking boxes.

Most of the things im pointing out are too late to change unless you want to go through the trouble of changing everything. Other than that it's an interesting manga

Quote Originally Posted by Son44 View Post
    I'm just curious, are you from Japan? If you are, then it's no problem. If you aren't then you should have put it somewhere closer or even in your own home country.
    Why? This advice was given a long time ago on the old old site and everyone seems to just regurgitate it for every manga people make that's set in Japan. If they want to set it there, why not? If I made a manga and set it in Belarus, people wouldn't tell me "Are you from Belarus? If not then you shouldn't put it there". You guys (Not Just you Son, because a lot of people tend to say this) just say this for when people place their story in Japan. I have probably more of an understanding of the culture of Japan than I do that of Belarus.
    tl;dr: That advice should really only be given if the manga has a lot to do with the culture of any country. If the country in question is more of a backdrop than anything else, let the creator use any setting they want.

Hayashida = THE TRUTH

Three Trio Tres Member DrPumpkin's Avatar
    I think this advice is just generally there to be a weaboo filter. But I generally agree with what you're saying Hayashida.

Although I think what Son meant was that you just get a better manga/comic if you set it in a familiar place.

Quote Originally Posted by DrPumpkin View Post
    Although I think what Son meant was that you just get a better manga/comic if you set it in a familiar place.
    Fair enough, but it just seems like any time any member here sets their story in Japan there's like three or four people who all say they shouldn't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayashida View Post
    Fair enough, but it just seems like any time any member here sets their story in Japan there's like three or four people who all say they shouldn't do that.
    I'm sorry if it sounded like I have something against people setting their stories in another country.
    The only reason I ask is because it's easier to put it in the country you live in and such (less research on culture, history, language etc.) so yeah, Drpumpkin is spot on.

I think its one of the things that make comics different from other mediums. Being able to set it on the moon, under the ocean etc. Altough you have to do a lot of research and thats where some people fail

+ As I mentioned in the original post, its probably too late to change most of tue stuff i suggested