Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Japan Earthquake/Tsunami

I do donate my blood regularly (I'm a healthy man with lots of blood ^_^ ) and I don't really care where my blood goes usually. Though this time, I just want to know if my blood actually goes to Japan where lots of people would need it... (need blood transfusion I mean, not specifically my blood...)

If you are going to donate goods, you need to gave: food (in can), cloth (good cloth in good conditions), tents, sleeping bag and toilet paper.

Also look what are the goods that are needed in the websites or asking people what is needed.

@LVUER,I really don't think they'll ship blood there. They can always make a campaign for blood donation in Japan itself - it will be faster, cheaper and more efficient. It's good that you donate blood though.

To my knowledge, no blood banks will accept blood from overseas. In addition, blood banks won't even accept blood from foreigners living in Japan. So, if you're thinking about making a blood donation, don't bother unless you're Japanese.

Food, supplies and money are the better things to donate.
    よろしく

I saw the huge wave uprooting houses in there... damn that's rough.

I hope nothing bad happens with the nuclear reactor as what they said on the news sounded really bad.

Hey guys. I just read the NISA report on the state of the Fukashima nuclear reactors and I thought I'd give you a rundown of what I can glimspe using my limited nuclear knowlage.

It looks like cooling system on one of the four reactors blew out, followed by a fire in the turbine building. The fire was extinguished, but the leak still caused a local release of 500 MicroSv/h in radioactive material. This is enough to cause level two radiation sickness, but is NOT FATAL.

A ten kilometre radius has now been evacuated around the plant. Out of the 195 people who have (currently) been examined from the area, it doesn't look like anybody has gotten a perticularly bad taste of it.

They currently seem to be using sea water to flood the affected reactor complex, which I guess is a pretty good idea all things considered, but kind of a messy clean up operation later because it's salt water. >_>

Reg's hopes go out to the victims of this disaster, for what's it's worth...
    Last edited by Regantor; 03-12-2011 at 09:15 PM.

Dunno if this has been posted yet, but you can apparently text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to help those affected by the earthquake and tsunami. Also, go to their website to learn more aboot it.

For those who are willing to make donations, here's a list of organizations that you can send donations to:

AMERICAN RED CROSS: Emergency Operation Centers are opened in the affected areas and staffed by the chapters. This disaster is on a scale larger than the Japanese Red Cross can typically manage. Donations to the American Red Cross can be allocated for the International Disaster Relief Fund, which then deploys to the region to help. Donate here.

GLOBALGIVING: Established a fund to disburse donations to organizations providing relief and emergency services to victims of the earthquake and tsunami. Donate here.

SAVE THE CHILDREN: Mobilizing to provide immediate humanitarian relief in the shape of emergency health care and provision of non-food items and shelter. Donate here.

SALVATION ARMY: The Salvation Army has been in Japan since 1895 and is currently providing emergency assistance to those in need. Donate here.

AMERICARES: Emergency team is on full alert, mobilizing resources and dispatching an emergency response manager to the region. Donate here.

CONVOY OF HOPE: Disaster Response team established connection with in-country partners who have been impacted by the damage and are identifying the needs and areas where Convoy of Hope may be of the greatest assistance. Donate here.

INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL CORPS
    : Putting together relief teams, as well as supplies, and are in contact with partners in Japan and other affected countries to assess needs and coordinate our activities. Donate here.

SHELTER BOX: The first team is mobilizing to head to Japan and begin the response effort. Donate here.

Copy and pasted from the Yahoo! How to Help page. Click here to see the original message.
    Last edited by Ceta; 03-13-2011 at 08:03 AM.
    よろしく

Banned
    Lol hope my girlfriends summer home was destoryed. Jk but kinda mad at her for saying she moved to Japan forever plus we hardly talk. On the other hand I coulda sworn that for an 8.9 earthquake the damage wasn't so bad. Until the aftershocks took in at first. I really am not viewing the news since I get a little sad when things happen that are so bleak. So don't know much.