Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading?

What are you reading?

Been reading a lot of books lately instead of manga, so I thought it would be nice to see what books everyone else is reading.

For me, I'm currently reading What if a high school baseball female manager read Drucker's 'Management' (もし高校野球の女子マネージャーがドラッカーの『マネジメント』を読んだら). It's a pretty interesting book so far (I've only read 100 out of 266 pages) since it takes excerpts of P.F. Drucker's Management: Tasks, Responsibilities, Practices and weaves it into a narrative that makes everything very easy to understand and fun to read even for those who may not have an interest in management.

To all those who are unable to read Japanese, fear not: Due to the fact that it's sold incredibly well (over 1 million copies since its release last year), there's a 10-episode anime coming out for it next March. ^_^

(For more information about P.F. Drucker, visit here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Drucker )

Granda and Rory :-)

Mind providing a little bit more information? I don't know that one. (A website or something to it would be very helpful.)

I've just finished reading the Hyperion Cantos, a space opera about the salvation of the human soul. Even though it's a science fiction story I would recommend it to people who generally aren't so fond of the genre too.
    The first book in the series is based on the Canterbury Tales; seven humans from the so-called world web travels toghether in a pilgrimage to meet the mysterious shrike-creature on the world of Hyperion and on the way they share their tales with each other.

Sounds like it'd be interesting to read. How many books are in the series?

Right now I'm reading a book called A Short History of Progress by Ronald Wright. I can't really say much about it though, because I've only just started reading it. I think it's similar to Collapse by Jared Diamond, if anyone's read that.

I'm reading a couple books. One that one of my former co-workers wrote that's not published (He hasn't put the title in, and you wouldn't be able to find it anyway.)

I'm revisiting my teenage years by re-reading the original VC Andrews Dollanganger series, I'm on Petals on the Wind. Pretty good books, but kinda weird.

Also almost done with some fantasy book called The Fires of Windameir. It's a typical fantasy: journey to save someone and the would from an evil person/entity and encounter elves and dwarfs and wizards along the way. It's okay. Not my favorite, but it keeps my attention.

Getting ready to maybe start Ada or Ardor if I can get a hold of a free and or cheap copy, or possibly Jude the Obscure, since I can borrow it from mi madre.

The Dark Tower Series.

Quote Originally Posted by 261
    For me, I'm currently reading What if a high school baseball female manager read Drucker's 'Management' (もし高校野球の女子マネージャーがドラッカーの『マネジメント』を読んだら). I
    Yeah. That book seems to be pretty popular right now in Japan. I swear I see posters of it everywhere I go if I go into a bookstore.

I'm reading the Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy series for, like, the billionth time.

I don't even think I need to introduce it. If you haven't heard about it, you're seriously missing out.