Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Son44's art - ... Female detective?

Demonfyre & Gedeon: Thanks! I'll work on shapes and try using grayscale.

An anime piece I started on yesterday:

SPOILER! :

+ a new WIP

SPOILER! :
    Last edited by Son44; 02-08-2013 at 06:46 PM.

The colours for the anime one are looking good, but something about the space between his left eye and his ear bothers me. I think it's just that, if you think about where his hairline is and how it grows in, there should be a little more hair at the side of his head -

Gaff: Thanks! I've fixed it now.

SPOILER! :

+ Updated WIP
    SPOILER! :
    Last edited by Son44; 02-12-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Another WIP. The woman at the front is a possible version of a new character i've been working on.

SPOILER! :
    Last edited by Son44; 02-26-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Did the grayscaling. Gonna finish it tomorrow!
    SPOILER! :

At first glance, the man in front's hands are too small and his arms are too thin. Also, the pose and his hair suggest the view is slightly from above, but his face is in a straightforward view. Try lowing his eyes and shortenting the height/length of the face. Also, make sure his eyes and eyes are the same size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

JJJorgie: Yeah, about the hands... it's a girl! But yeah, the face, I'll change the eyes and the head. Thanks!

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry! In that case, the shoulders are much too wide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Aaaaaand thats the coat... xD (Sounds like im making lame excuses... probably because it is!). Anyway! I'll try to make it a bit more baggy with colouring and such. Talking about the sun:

SPOILER! :

Using the grayscale technique I used on page 15.

ohh this is looking great!! i like it very much, there is so much depth in this drawing, really amazing O:
    as you already heard there were some comments on the shoulders, please let me explain more thoroughly ^^

this is your drawing, i've outlined the muscle structure as evident in your drawing.
    SPOILER! :

this way you can see that the skeletal structure has very broad shoulders. you can also see the arms are quite thin, especially in comparison with the broad skeletal structure.

SPOILER! :

here i changed the shoulders to a more feminine structure. you can see i still kept the shoulders of the jacket model broad, as you wanted it since you said the jacket made the shoulders look large. however, the arms are positioned closer to the torso, since the shoulders are less broad. the skeletal structure always stays the same no matter what she's wearing.

SPOILER! :

here i drew a simple reference where you can see how the textile behaves at the shoulders. since the shoulders don't shape the jacket as it actually does like in your drawing, since they don't exactly touch the textile -because the jacket is broader than where the real shoulders end.

i hope this clears everything up? if any questions then please ask :3 i'm very curious as to how you're going to finish the picture