Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Son44's art - ... Female detective?

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    His face should be more gaunt, me thinks. A little more ... haggard. His hair is also a bit too fluffy.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

REALLY love the lady with sunglasses in the first post on the page. I have to say although that .......it doesn't look a lot like Obama. ITs a pretty awesome drawing though
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Gedeon's right it is a pretty awesome drawing! The main things, to me, that make him look less like Obama are the lips and the nose. The lips in the picture seem to be more relaxed and in the picture it almost looks like he's smiling slightly. When I look at the original picture his lips seem to reach all the way to about the outside edge of his irises. Or rather the line of his mouth definitely does, but his lips really end at about the middle of his pupils. Do you see what I mean? The nose is a little bit harder for me to critique, but I think with the shadow the bridge of his nose seems to bulge out slightly. This makes the nose feel... wonky or off center(?). Also agree with Bacon that he could look more gaunt or hagard. Being the president is a tiring job

Regardless of all of that ^ it really does look awesome. I love the shading and his hair so well done!

Bacon_Barbarian: Thanks for the feedback! I've fixed it now.

Gedeon: lol, yeah. After finishing this version, the old one is really off xD

corastaur:Thanks for the great critic. Yeah, I need to pay more attention to smaller details and proportions. Hopefully I've fixed it

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    That's definitely a lot closer to Obama. Good job.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

So... I haven't posted here since March....
    I haven't stopped drawing or anything, but I've been too lazy to post. Then again, I highly doubt most people give a fuck/ will give a fuck, so here we go:

Just finished "The Legend of Korra" so I decided to do a fan-art drawing.
    It's WIP so give me all the critic you can give, MT!

Edit:
    Fixed a couple of things:
    Last edited by Son44; 07-30-2012 at 07:21 PM.

Wow, that is looking great so far I hope you post it up once you finish it sorry that I can't provide more of a critique for you

That looks really nice! I love her expression! I think the upper portion of the arm on the left is a little bit shorter than the upper portion of the arm on the right.

Keep up the great work! I can't wait to see it finished!

That obama sketch is cool dude, I think you should work on cleaner crosshatching as well, because this shit is cool:

SPOILER! :

Okay now as for the korra drawing. Sometimes, when I'm drawing poses, I try and emulate the pose to make sure it makes sense. I tried to do it, and decided to take a photo:

now, what I want you to notice is how 1. The arm bends 2. The thighs dont lay totally flat on the ground. In fact they pointed up. Essentially, I think you just made the legs too short, and the arms too short, so I thought it'd be easier if you just had a reference xD

Another thing is that the facial features arent aligned. They should be lined up with the chin. Heres a really quick redline doodle of what I mean. Uh, don't trace this or anything, because its mostly just a guide <_< I should have draw the legs pointing up more, because shes leaning more

Hopefully this helps! If i didn't explain something well, plz ask

Demonfyre: Thanks a lot! Hopefully you can help me next time xD

JJJorgie: Thanks! I've changed the arm. I think it should be better.

toast: Thanks a lot for the great feedback (here on MT and on Skype)! I've changed the body, head and pose, while using your picture as a reference. Hopefully it's good now.

So yeah, I've changed a couple of things. Only need some more critic before I start colouring!