Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Son44's art - ... Female detective?

Quote Originally Posted by Gedeon View Post
    HOW THE HELL YOU GUYS MAKE SUCH CLEAN,CRISPY AND SOLID LINES!!!!????
    a)Practice b)Tablet c)MOAR PRACTICE.

..............thanks.........
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

SuperKasey: Thank you xD I've been drawing a lot! Yeah, colouring in general is my weakness, so no wonder the tail looks strange. I'll look into the lineart/how to draw a tail as well

sanny1064: Lol XD Thanks!

So here is the basic coloured version of the trainer with his snivy. Sorry that it took so long (to get to this stage). School and shit DX

Great so far! Love the different shades of blue and gray.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Gedeon: Thanks dude!

So, I haven't posted in a long time. I haven't been lazy, ok I was lazy. Too lazy to post.
    I've been working using Drawing on the right side of the brain. Best investment I've done in a long time.
    I think i've improved in a lot of areas, but I still have one weakspot (hopefully the book will help me get rid of it): Shading and lightning DX

"...But, Son44 wasn't dead"

Ok, so I'm back. (actually I haven't been gone either. I've been too lazy to post)

I bought "The last window: Secret of Cape West " a couple of days ago, but I haven't started playing (I gotta finish a couple of other games first). So I decided to draw Kyle Hyde "Before" (Hotel Dusk outfit) and after I finish Last Window. I tried as hard as I could to emulate the games distictiv art style.
    I also made an "ingame portrait" of hyde, using PS.

Last edited by Son44; 07-12-2011 at 09:37 AM.

999 Knights Member indescribable's Avatar
    SHEESH. When the heck did you improve so much? HOW DO YOU KEEP DOING THIS?? I love his expression and the way he's writing his notes. Is he a new OC? o: Oh, and what's the deal with the animated shading? Any particular reason? As for critique, the only thing I can really think of is that his hands are rather on the small side.

Btw, some of those still lives and hand drawings are awesome. Also, I have that lamp, lol. Or I did until last week. Isn't it supposed to have a little handle thing just under the glass? And an extension cord?

Quote Originally Posted by indescribable View Post
    SHEESH. When the heck did you improve so much? HOW DO YOU KEEP DOING THIS?? I love his expression and the way he's writing his notes. Is he a new OC? o: Oh, and what's the deal with the animated shading? Any particular reason? As for critique, the only thing I can really think of is that his hands are rather on the small side.

Btw, some of those still lives and hand drawings are awesome. Also, I have that lamp, lol. Or I did until last week. Isn't it supposed to have a little handle thing just under the glass? And an extension cord?
    First paragraph - Read the top of the original post. Also, yeah. His hands are maybe a bit small.
    Hm... My lamp is rather old, so I don't there was a smaller handle there. I think i drew in the extention cord, but it got lost in all the shading DX

Also, thanks!
    Last edited by Son44; 07-12-2011 at 09:25 AM.

999 Knights Member indescribable's Avatar
    I'm... not... sure how I missed that entire paragraph... ಠ _ ಠ Sorry.
    Guess I was just too busy ogling your art. :}

One thing I forgot to mention: Those drawing from life pictures could use more a bit more value, so things like the extension cord don't get quite so lost, and to make the drawings seem a bit more three-dimensional.

nice going son goku! your skills are becoming that of a super sayan! xD
    that's all i want to say but this is the critique corner so i would be spamming if i won't crit
    so here
    Quote Originally Posted by Son44 View Post

the placement of the nose is a little bit dislocated for me.. just to me though
    in quarter view the line of center of the face should be bent to the side just a little bit.. and shouldn't be completely align with the chin vertically.. just for me though