Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Son44's art - ... Female detective?

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    I don't see too many issues. Her right forearm seems a bit short I think and I think one hand might be smaller than the other.

-Scarlet
    "The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real."

-Victor Hugo

ScarletHue: Thanks! I think I've corrected the arm.

So here is the colour WIP. Feedback needed.
    I'm not sure how I should go one. Either add some contrasting colour in the shading, but if I do that I feel that I should add a bg. If i don't then it feels kinda flat :/
    If you guys have any ideas, fire at will. God knows i could use em.

Nice colouring I think that her top is lacking enough shading though, makes it appear rather flat particularily on the right side, you could probably add some more shading to indicate the right breast a bit more and possibly some more on the right arm around the bulge at the top of the upper arm where it casts a small shadow. Hope this helped its looking great

As for the background, I have nothing unfortunately. I'm useless with backgrounds you see :/
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 08-11-2012 at 08:09 PM.

101 Dalmations Member Prince of Angels's Avatar
    Yes, time for me to leave some notes:

PoA's Notes: The only things I could find a first glance are: her face, it doesn't look feminine. Maybe because that's just me or her chin, I don't know. :/ And the right (her left) hand is in an awkward position. Maybe a little work on the folds too, but they are pretty good. What I found good was the colouring. Really good. Her outfit too, I like the fur pads? I don't know what to call it. :3 Good job.
    I am the Prince of Angels, high monarch of the heavens, and I crush all those who stand in my way!
    Would you like some pie?

Ooo, this is looking really good! I guess the BG I'd probably pick if this were my picture would be ice, maybe (?)

Oh, and PoA, the face is pretty spot on with the actual character's (this is a fanart)

Demonfyre: Thanks a lot for the feedback. I'll make the shadows more defined and some contrast as well.

Prince of Angels: How is her left hand in an akward position? Could you explain that in more details?. Oh and yeah, it's fan-art XD

JJJorgie: Hm, yeah. Maybe ice...

Doubblepost:

So, I finally "finished" this picture. I'm thinking about adding a bg, but I'm not sure.
    Still, I'm not totally sure on the colouring, so if there's anything else, please comment xD

There are a lot of big areas where the color is pretty flat. If you try to work in some soft gradients in those it might help to create some extra volume. Don't be afraid to toss in some stronger levels either, especially where there should be occlusion shadows (stuff touch other stuff)

But all on all it seems to be a pretty true portrait to what little I saw of the new avatar series, good job.

Rubisko: Thanks a lot for the feedback. Added more shades and it definitly made the picture more lively! Thanks again.

Edit: Changed a couple of things, thanks to demonfrye's critic. Hopefully it looks better.
    Last edited by Son44; 08-27-2012 at 04:25 PM.

I still think you have her upper torso quite flat, you could have some more shading at her under arm, and also some shading up on the right shoulder. Other than that I think it looks great Korra is awesome :3