Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battlefield 3 aka CoD killer

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    And that's why BattleField 2142 is so epic. Plenty of vehicles, I mean...every fking where.

Speaking of epic and Battlefield, recently Project Reality has been stress-testing 128-player servers (BF2 originally only supported 64). Pretty cool.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    The most important thing about this BF is that they're focusing more on PC players. This makes me happy.

I read an article on gamespot. According to the article, Battlefield 3 is made using DICE's engine, Frostbite 2. It's far more advanced than Frostbite 1, now the entire multistory building could collapse and destroyed entirely. Frostbite 2 also feature an advance lightning effects.

Battlefield 3 also use EA engines (that used to make FIFA games) to model and animate humans objects so it looks and animates more realistic.

As pointed out by our friends over at Wolfire Games: http://blog.wolfire.com/2011/03/GDC-...#disqus_thread

Thats some nice technology

Also, iirc BC2 uses the FrostBite 2 engine as well. I hope they cut down the bloom a bit though... It made sniping in BC2 more than the bitch it already was due to sniping spawn campers.

Speaking of sniping, I really need to get a new mouse. Sniping is a tad difficult when your crosshair jumps over the target due to emulated high sensitivity.

One Thousand Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar
    Can't wait for BFBC3.

101 Dalmations Member Arashi500's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
    As pointed out by our friends over at Wolfire Games: http://blog.wolfire.com/2011/03/GDC-...#disqus_thread

Thats some nice technology

Also, iirc BC2 uses the FrostBite 2 engine as well. I hope they cut down the bloom a bit though... It made sniping in BC2 more than the bitch it already was due to sniping spawn campers.

Speaking of sniping, I really need to get a new mouse. Sniping is a tad difficult when your crosshair jumps over the target due to emulated high sensitivity.
    Makes me thankful for my mouse which has sensitivity adjustment buttons.