Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Psy's art an ordeal in many parts! Realism/painted sorta thing.

What Cype said and it seems the hands are a bit too small. Also the right (her left) calf looks much fatter then the left one. Still i quite like it
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Oh thank you three. I cant really fix anything because no tablet and no mouse to draw with digitally and i inked most of that picture so it would be easier to see. When i get a new tablet im going to get crackin and fix it.

SPOILER! :

Put it in a spoiler because its super elongated (i was in the mood to do that). Anatomy proportions pose practice thing i guess you could say. Downloaded the pose maniac app and been doing these everynow and then but these are from like the last 2 days.problems you see?

These are actually really great. The proportions are correct, and they don't look stiff. I think the only thing I'd say is about the last one, the one all the way on the right. His hips look a little thin, but really, other than that, these are great. I gotta start doing this. @_@
    Quote Originally Posted by Conversation
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE YO KIDS
    Sylux: WHAT ABOOT MY WIFE?
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE JAI

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Aww shucks thank you Jai.

Ive been drawing off and on in my sketchbook so heres the first four pages (as in ive only drawn on the first four pages >>;; )

SPOILER! :

All drawings are referenced using the free "RandomPose" app which I do believe is the Pose maniac.com official app. also one of the chicks in the second image got her foot cut of in the scanning process and I am far to lazy to fix it but its ok because she is sitting down.
    I was wondering if the images from posemaniac are reliable and proportioned right? They LOOK right to my eyes but I can be and usually am wrong so hmm.
    Ok questions comments crits all welcome.

Lookin good man.. great practice. Some of your males seem to have elongated bodies though.. not all of them.. so keep an eye our for that.. it's just proportions.. but a slight alignment when you're building you're gesture

Ok cool thank you I was wondering about that but i am bad at seeing things like that.

Traditional drawing id like some crit on. Reff was used and i plan to do some water+ink painting/inking to it (im sure its going to warp it and be horrid but still what i wana do).
    SPOILER! :

anything look proportionally off? i dont own that image btw and idk who she even is (i thought jennifer Aniston but idk). i dont want to move forward until im sure ive got everything in place.

i'd say this is about bang-on, but her chest and her left (our right) arm appear to be slightly thicker in proportion to everythig else then in the original drawing. other then that, it's great!

Thank you for taking a look. I fixed her arm, i think D8, and I also tried to do her hands so they were more exact but i could have failed. I scanned the changes i made but that was after i had ereased all the dark areas so i figured ah screw it lets just paint.

So here she is all done up. Painted with diluted ink and highlighted and lowlighted with white and black conte crayon respectively. Also picture taken with iPhone camera because im sure im going to mess up the conte if i scan it with my portable scanner (may try anyhow idk).

SPOILER! :

anything anyone see wrong that i should watch out for next time? comments and critiques allways welcome.

Hmm, that's looking good. The ink/conte crayon combo gives it a really nice texture. My only suggestions at this stage would be to darken up her eyelids a little (she has a fair bit of eye makeup in the photo) and plump up her bottom lip slightly too - it'll help make the features pop that bit more.