Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Psy's art an ordeal in many parts! Realism/painted sorta thing.

Hybrid View

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".

Psy's art an ordeal in many parts! Realism/painted sorta thing.

I thought id make a thead again.

Halp!

Obviously hes not done yet but as i was lining him (scaned from original drawn trad but lining in Mangastudios. Allso its crap quality cuz its a screeny. allso cut off his toes a bit by accident) i noticed that the legs just aent going to come out as believable as id like them to.
    So perspective or foreshortening problems i guess would sum it up?
    What to do folks? Do i drop the legs down so the feet come closer to the viewer?
    Do i shorten the boots and drop the knees down so the hands are right on them?
    Is the head to big (i have issues in that area im told >>)?
    How bad are the proportions?
    Any other problems i should be working on?
    Last edited by Psy; 05-22-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Her hat would look better if you added more volume. Right now it looks so flat and deflated that it subtracts from the overall look of the image rather than add to it.

Her shoulders - one shoulder looks thicker than the other. If you add or thin out one of the shoulders' width, I think it'll be much better. The perspective of the hands are off; the part that is coming from the elbow and forward to the hands to be exact. At the angle that you have the rest of the body in, you shouldn't be able to see the part of her arm that is from the elbow to the wrist - or at least very little of it.

Last, I think her butt should be curvier. Not where it meets the floor but the part just above it to the side.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    *bows* ty rio sama (to weebo?).

I hope this updated version is better.
    Things i did: brought the hands up and layered them a bit more so to foreshortin and make them seem more natural (hopefully). Lowerd the eyes a bit because his eyes seemed a bit to high to me (i can never tell >>). Finished lining it all. Filled out the hat a bit more (plans to make that hat IRL have been made).

Shes naked for now (not forever tho @@!) because shes only a sketch but i wana know if its looking ok so far?
    SPOILER! :

C&C welcome.

Banned
    It looks fine but you might want the shin to be the same length of the thigh if you're foreshortening.

ooh good tip thank you.

to me the face looks like its in the wrong place, not sure if it should be higher or lower.... hmmm...

Just somthing old i wanted to show linz (LOVE YOU BABE).

c&c is ok tho.

SEXYMOTHERFUKIN'ADONISBABESYES.

I like this.<3Alot<3More<3

@linz: Love you baby!

i abandoned the chick trhat was sitting. she bored me.

Hows this one so far?
    allso hats in the spoiler.
    SPOILER! :

Last edited by Psy; 04-05-2011 at 05:27 AM.