View Poll Results: Should I start working on inking or coloring?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • INKING

4 16.67%
  • COLORING

2 8.33%
  • BOTH

15 62.50%
  • NEITHER. THEY BOTH SUCK D:

3 12.50%
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Cap'n Slurp's Art Thread: Yes, I am Alive, unlike this thread.

someone commisioned me for an animated signature, but I scrapped the first sketch. The colors don't feel right.

holy ******! that's really awesome! darn i gotta learn animation!

I'll fix the hair in the morning. :l I never finish stuff... but I WILL FINISH YOU!!

Her rib-cage looks really... off.. like the front of it that comes down from the breasts is sticking out too much.. try drawing the skeletal structure for the rib cage and hip bone (not too complex, just basic shapes you know)...

slurpee I'd really like to know what type of guideline you use.

I would like to know too lol.
    I recently bought a book on perspective, so, things will get better 8D
    Also I am redoing the ribcage. I should just redo the whole picture actually :l

The animation is super awesome, what did you use to make it?

As for the next picture, I agree with ego on the ribcage and skeletal structures. I strooongly suggest working on using guidelines, both for anatomy and faces/heads! You can look at which guidelines work for you (circles, lines, circles and lines, various shapes, etc etc) and practice with those. They are the most helpful thing one can use, besides references, and they'll structure your anatomy much better than just free drawing it.

Everything looks quite off keeping perspective in mind. Since it seems like the camera is angled from above, her chest should be much more inwards, shoulders higher to help with the perspective illusion (possibly to where you can't see the neck), the bottom half of the legs should be more under the thighs, and also sort of become smaller.

Also, remember to keep in mind that hair is typically really flowy and goes with gravity! lol. Since your character seems to be flying upwards, the hair should be pushed back and flying away from the head.

The arm should also be a bit longer, and also remember elbows and arm creases!

If you want to work on building perspective and stuff, you should totally just draw straight cities and landscapes without characters and post them here. It'd be cool to see how you work on them and what techniques you use to learn <:

that's good to know. just hope that book you bought has good info.

you used a vanishing point but didn't follow it at all.

the right placement of vanishing point should be one on the left, one on the right and one on the bottom, since that is obviously should be 3 point perspective..

what's the name of the book you bought?

@Toast .
    Yeah, I'll start on the perspective. For animation I simply used photoshop. I made the layers in SAI and just saved it as .PSD and it was just easy from there on

@ramiel
    I thought it was 2 point perspective. Seems I still have quite a way to go. The book I got was Vanishing Point:Perspective for Comics from the Ground Up by Jason Cheeseman-Meyer

This animation isn't finished either but I still uploaded it.
    And my habit of never finishing continues 8D
    Last edited by Slurpee; 08-13-2011 at 06:07 PM.

nice! that book looks good... bit it's so expensive that it's cost more than half of my tablet.
    never really bought a book.. just got my hands on the book rio said in the how to practice thread. without paying ofcourse

rolf.. I think why you don't finish work is because you can see your mistakes.. which is a good thing.

you should go to the gb. with seeing people draw and continue it even though they took hours and hours will probably motivate you to keep going with your drawing as well.

just a suggestion