View Poll Results: Should I start working on inking or coloring?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • INKING

4 16.67%
  • COLORING

2 8.33%
  • BOTH

15 62.50%
  • NEITHER. THEY BOTH SUCK D:

3 12.50%
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Cap'n Slurp's Art Thread: Yes, I am Alive, unlike this thread.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slurpee View Post
    Like I know the base coulour shouldn't be the full on color black... something like that =S
    If you know it, then do it. It's not so bad. Use layers, put in shade and put in highlights. That's pretty much it but before that, I would suggest you clean your lines.

Regarding your poll question, start working on both. When I forced myself to go through defined steps of learning drawing, I got bored and felt hopeless. Practice whatever you like and whenever you like.. learning art is so flexible and easy; it's not like Math which requires going through the steps in order.

Go Go Go ~~

she is now blond lol But that will most likely change. NOW WITH ADDED WEABOO BACKGROUND.

SOOOO GOOOOD!!! Yay you use pS5 too right YAY! I dunno why im happy but more on topic! I could only sugest one thing that will make the pic better cuz i love the coouring so far i think that if your wipe that lower part of her nose it would look better...just sayin.

OK, I'll fix the nose since so many have pointed it out >_> ( i kinda thought it was weird too)

Huh. This was a quick coloring I did. Nothing that serious, but I sort of like it. I just couldn't think of a background.
    The lineart was about 1-2 hours but I forget how long the rest took too. She's a charachter concept for some upcoming webcomic I'm still planning.
    http://http://eternalslurp.deviantar...ikka-202383505

Make her 5-6 heads tall. Preferably 5 or 5 and a half, since she's a loli-ish character. I know you said it wasn't a serious pic, so I'm not gonna elaborate too much. The concept is nice, though I should ask why there's an opening in her top when that would just make her more vulnerable to attacks--especially if she's the type that's gonna be fighting. I'm not saying to not include ecchi/fanservice, but leaving an opening in that spot is a bad idea. Well, then again, so is fighting in a bikini, but that doesn't stop most fantasy artists. Ah well. You can ignore my advice on that; after all, I assume the character is loli and not moe*.

*Just in case you don't know: loli = sexual, moe = non-sexual. But some people just say loli to cover moe as well because it just sounds better.

Fighting in bikinis. You just gave me another idea.
    This is gonna be fun!

I didn't have that idea at first, but now that you said it, I have another idea as well; I'm willing to bet it's very similar to your idea.

Just tell me what it is! I'd love to hear it