View Poll Results: Should I start working on inking or coloring?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • INKING

4 16.67%
  • COLORING

2 8.33%
  • BOTH

15 62.50%
  • NEITHER. THEY BOTH SUCK D:

3 12.50%
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Cap'n Slurp's Art Thread: Yes, I am Alive, unlike this thread.

Argh! The dreaded school! Fuck it all, half-ass everything, make Cs, draw like a boos, go to Community College, transfer to University!

Neck OTL

Edit: Neck is always in the middle of the whole head,

SPOILER! :

They only look far on the back because neck is not really straight in reality.

Though it's quite obvious that your not aiming for reality type of style so It's best to follow my advice.
    Last edited by ram; 11-05-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Thanks very helpful. I asked my friends and they said I also put my eyes too low. Is that true?
    Last edited by Slurpee; 11-05-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Yeah just raise the face up a bit maybe unless you really like it low @w@

Quote Originally Posted by Slurpee View Post
    Thanks very helpful. I asked my friends and they said I also put my eyes too low. Is that true?
    I think the head is just far too high, I mean all the stuffs above her eyes are far too high.

I'd agree with what Sylux reasoned out about the poll so I didn't took a vote

Also with what ram said, the position of the eyes with regards to the proportions for the body you drew along with it doesn't make the eyes look too low. It's the top of her head (eyebrows and upwards) that gives the impression. The size of it makes her face look small. The indication of her hairline at an acceptable level though...I don't know if I'm right to interpret this as her hair having thick volume because your other works are pretty much okay with with that issue.

I also looked through the other images. They generally don't give me the impression that you used guidelines to draw them. I suggest you post you pictures with the guidelines intact so we could evaluate how you use them and fix the areas that cause problems.

Yeah this is how I draw heads and bodies in general.
    SPOILER! :

Last edited by Slurpee; 11-16-2011 at 06:18 AM.

GB Stuff

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    You've improved a LOT. Wow! I noticed, though, that your shoulder widths tend to be about the same witch as the head. Have you tried considering making them even just about a half head wider? I think it would make your bodies appear more solid.

Hello Slurpee:
    I would like to point out that your last pic is cute and fun (since I will only be critiquing on that one) however the legs don't seem to be perportionate to each other and her right arm is set too high. Checking on myself, despite being a guy and not having man boobies, I would say that the arm extends a quarter ways down the breast, rathe than it being on top of it, as you drew it. As well, breasts are more of an urn shape than a balloon shape, which is to say that the top of the breasts aren't detailed with a line like you have, unless they are compressed to the body. Yours seem a little too round to be the later, so I would erase the top curve on her right brest and rather curve it out slightly as an s shape... but not so defined at the top... kinda like a curved b shape... wish I had my computer to show you...

Also your eyes and nose are a bit too high. the side of the face is a good indecator to eye placement. you have a nice shape of the head, which will help with this comment: The concaved part on the left side of the head is placed between the forhead and the cheek as an eye socket is concaved into the skull. Thus your eyes should be alined with that, rather than being higher than that. this will also bring the nose down. The part of the head that pulls the right side back out is your cheek (just a random fact)

I hope this was coherant and will edit if it wasn't