View Poll Results: Should I start working on inking or coloring?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • INKING

4 16.67%
  • COLORING

2 8.33%
  • BOTH

15 62.50%
  • NEITHER. THEY BOTH SUCK D:

3 12.50%
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Cap'n Slurp's Art Thread: Yes, I am Alive, unlike this thread.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Watch out for making the head too big! The shoulders are at different heights on the body, even if one is raised. Things are anatomically cramped. If you look closely, the entire torso is only one head tall, which is very jarring. The feet are very square-like, so maybe you could round those out?

But this also has a lot of other good things going for it. I lik the detail of the head in the treasure chest. The bone structure of that chair is a neat idea, too. The skull on top of the barrel give is a lot of attitude, and I think if might be my favorite part, haha.

101 Dalmations Member Scarletlight's Avatar
    Careful with the head sizes. To make it believable I'd aim for 6-8 heads high for the whole figure.
    Also with the jaw line, when drawing girls I wouldn't define it completely. Leave some of it to the imagination, it will make the face look softer.
    Try to leave a little space for the chin as well because that seems to be missing from this.
    The pose looks really natural, a real good job there.

One final note, the leg thats bent is much longer than the straight one, careful on that.

Thats all, nice work

I actually forgot about this thread for a while. *cough*
    Made In China

Torso short and thickand neck angle awkward (on ming ling)on the dragon the mouth is at a strange angle(though if he was chewing it would make sense). To help on the name:Chinese names are also ordinarily 3 syllables. The first is the Surname, and the second two are comprised of the hopes of the parents. For example, a girl may be named xiao mei, or small beautiful.

Slurp. Visit Gb

For that latest picture, I agree with Captain_Neko. The torso is usually 4 heads long, and she looks to be about only 2. If you put your elbows by your side, they would be aligned with your hips; So keep that in mind when your draw Full Body pictures.

Also the head and neck are off, I drew a redline to show you:
    SPOILER! :

In am un-helpful.

OMG YES I SEE IT NOW.
    Lol I like the Made in Taiwan thing lol..

To clarify my poll answer, I did not fully agree with half of my option (option #4), but I fully disagreed with the others. I do not think you should work on inking or coloring, but rather drawing in general: blocking in your shapes, defining building blocks, forms and what have you. That's what I do, over and over, and it has and does serve me well.

Thanks. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the poll changed though. I don't want to make a new thread.

Sure! I want to see many Slurpee sketches! >:O

So I've decided to hunker down and force myself to finish at least one anatomy picture per day and a perspective picture per week. School getting in the way these days =.=