Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940 LastLast

Thread: [NSFW] Matt's Art (p40: Sketchy character lineup)

My power supply melted, so I got a new one and put it in and I'm back now. Here's Sierra doing something on the computer:

Did a bunch of things from Quickposes (the non-flayed, photographed version of Posemaniacs), but I didn't really think they were worth posting. I've been observing people's features a lot recently (and how their heads and necks and shoulders all connect, of course).

Aight then, here's Naomi taking her shirt off:
    SPOILER! :

She's not really a promiscuous character. I just like drawing her like that.

Her arm looks slightly too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Her arm really was slightly too long. That also means her pants are messed up, but I'm gonna stop by here for critique before I go too much further.

Put soft shading on her boobs and eliminated most of the shading elsewhere on her chest. Is this how you soft shade boobies? And how do you do the navel area? How do you define very slight musculature without making her look manly? How do you make her lips all nice and soft-looking (e.g. how Iccy does lips)?

Low opacity brush, colour pick the shades in between, and slowly blend them together ;D

You might also want to vary up your values a bit. Try to use more lighter shades for lighter areas.

Keep doing what you are doing, you are getting better mate C:

Wow, thanks. I'll get that fixed up pretty soon here.

Meanwhile, here's another. Groupboard's harder to work with than Photoshop, but this is the best I've shaded in it so far:

Her face is quite nice, but unless you're using deeper contrast throughout the painting, I'd avoid using such dark tone around her eyes like that. The eyes are significantly darker than even the areas in deepest shadow, so I feel they're pushing everything else too far back.

Yeah, looking at it now, it looked much better before I did any outlining. It'd probably look all right if there were more dark outlines to match, maybe.

New thing: Leaf, the female player character from Pokémon Firered and Leafgreen. In Twitch Plays Pokémon, also known as "A."

And attempting a foreshortened pose:

For Matt.jpg
    Okay, so I Did just a quick redline (so it probably shouldn't be taken as a perfect anatomical reference).
    1) You drew her hip WAY too high compared to where her legs indicated the crotch to be. I basically lowered the hip to the proper place by shortening the waist a bit.
    2) Since her breasts aren't too big, I think there should be a bit of her torso side showing or else she'd be very twisted at the waist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Thanks, JJ. I knew there was definitely something off about the first one.

Now for something completely different (NSFW for nudity):
    SPOILER! :

I think I drew highlights on the wrong side of her hair, and the way I drew in the strands makes it look like her head's got a weird shape. Or maybe it really does have a weird shape. I don't know anymore.
    Last edited by Matt; 04-27-2014 at 10:46 PM.