Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: [NSFW] Matt's Art (p40: Sketchy character lineup)

Hi matt. Sorry, i havent been on MT for a while ^^ I saw your drawing of my request, and I really love it! They both looked like what i hoped for; a picture of each together in your unique style. Cheers.

I sorta liked how Rique turned out, but I didn't follow my reference for Kagami nearly enough. Thanks.

Some quick perspective practice; trying to open up my comfort zone a bit more:

i don't understand your perspective lines. i don't think they are supposed to curve like that.

101 Dalmations Member Lady_Knife's Avatar
    Matt, r u trying to do a fish eye lens kind of perspective? Is that why you have curvey perspective lines?

Also I'm working on your OC request at the moment. Still in major SaiMoe mode (can't help it...was reading soujo manga last nite. I am now immersed in the belief of innocent love, doki doki hearts and kawaii blushes. I'm 12 again.) so gonna try to draw her up in that style.

@Apples - Neither do I.

@Knife - Yeah. You don't have to rush the request out. Saimoe's eating up quite a bit of my time, too.

Here's a bump pic because I seem to be drawing less and less recently, and the only thing I could get out was a stiff pose with the same look as all my old stuff.

Something a bit cleaner:

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    IMO, the legs are quite skinny. but you're getting better at this posing thing.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Hmmm. That arm is sticking straight out, yes? It [the hand] should be bigger (IMO) you know, foreshortening and all.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I agree with BB, but it shouldn't be made tooooo big. Just a slight edit should be fine.

Also, it seems like your linework is fragmented. For instance, check out the strands of hair at the far left of the piece. There's not a smooth taper to them. If you just make broad strokes that overlap each other, then go back and fix things with the eraser, it should look much better. The eraser is a great tool in digital art.

I agree with Cype that the legs are too skinny. If you mentally "draw" where the legs meet up with the torso in this piece, it's a little disjointed. It also may suggest that her hips should be a little wider.

You're definitely getting cleaner with lineart, and the posing has come lightyears ahead of where you started. I'm not sure if this matches up with your intended coloring style, but the lines you have now are a little fuzzy and grey. You can use the eraser or just a thinner brush to make it look more crisp, and if you so desire, you might want to consider making the lines darker, too.

Also, another animation you might like.
    Last edited by Celestial-Fox; 05-19-2011 at 09:47 PM.

@Cyp - Yup. Thanks for pointing it out. (This is the reason I post here: because I make stupid mistakes that other people see that I don't.)

@Bacon - It should. I applied foreshortening to the finger and nothing else (mistake).

@Ceef - I'm still trying to get better in digital art, so I thought I'd start with lines. I've been using the marker tool; I should probably switch over to the pen or ink pen, or maybe even Sai's vector thing. Also, I have no idea what kind of coloring I wanna do now, since I haven't colored anything since Saimoe. (PS: the animation owns.)