Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ♣♥♦♠ My unwitty return: Self-portrait + other junk

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar

♣♥♦♠ My unwitty return: Self-portrait + other junk

♦ D e c i d e d . I ' d . s l i d e . i n . . .
    ...and tell you I'm sorta alive. I can't draw anything ever anymore. I'm working on two 18x36" paintings of flowers right now. Here's a crappy cellphone shot that my mom snuck of me working on one as of a few days ago:

I'm almost done. I just have to paint some leaves and pray I don't run out of paint.

The other one I'm gonna try to do in Florian Nicolle's style, which could totally fail, but I'm willing to try it. XD It'll be weird, because I'm going to try using paper mache. o____o" And as I learned with my last two paper mache projects, I have a large chance of failbombing, haha.
    SPOILER! :

I have drawn some other things, but my sister's friend accidentally deleted it when she used my open Photoshop window, which I'm actually not too put out about--even though I liked it a lot. >.> And I also have a landscape thing that I started, but I gave up because it was awful. Sooo yeah. That's all I really have for now, fail.

Hope you guys had a nice Valentine's/Groundhog's Day, haha.
    Last edited by Celestial-Fox; 05-08-2014 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    ...and tell you I'm sorta alive. I can't draw anything ever anymore.
    :'(

Still, classy as all get out.

Seefy. Your worst work is many times beyond my best. I've seen professionals who suck compared to you. A LOT of them.

Holy mother of love, these are amazing! o___O

Wow, everyone's levelling up...I feel sorta left behind.

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Sheesh Seef, I've missed your art. That painting is beautiful -- I can't paint for crap. D: Did you sketch out the image before you started painting it? Also, is that white paint over the brown or did you just use brown around it?

Wow. Ceefy your improvement has been amazing. It's so awesome to see people improve while staying on this site through the years :')

○ Sparky: Yeah, these things come and go, don't they? And thank you very much. :]
    ○ Matt: Well you also haven't been drawing as long! You'll catch up in like a moth. XD And skill doesn't mean terribly much in any field today. You just have to know the right people, hence why people like Ke$ha have record deals. . . .
    ○ Renzo: Thanks, bro! And don't worry about it. Sometimes I actually go backward in art skill for a while. Just keep at it. <3
    ○ T: Aw, thank you. I can't paint very well either, but I'm determined to keep learning. I sketched a fast line drawing after painting the background, then I used white paint to go over it. I would have preferred that the white be the canvas itself, but this is an old canvas that used to have a businessman, trees, and an array of skyscrapers all over it, so that didn't exactly work out. XD
    ○ Slurpee: You words are always so kind, Slurpee. Thank you for sticking around and encouraging me. :]

♠ O f f . t a s k
    Today in Alaska History, my teacher was droning about the war between the Tlingit and Aleut (pronounced clink-it and ally-oot) native tribes and the Russians a couple hundred years ago.

I drew Matt's Naomi in OOC clothing, because I can never her regular outfitting. XD I'm practicing drawing long hairstyles, so I might be drawing his OCs a lot (none of my characters have much hair, save for Gen and Di, who are boring old farts).

The way I wrote Naomi's name probably came from some nuclear fusion of Xu Bing and Alphonse Mucha, haha:

SPOILER! :

Xu Bing is a Chinese calligrapher that uses Roman letters (ABCDEF etc) to create fake Chinese sinographs (characters). If you look closely the large characters each form a word in English. From the top-left going down, working your way right, you should be able to read, "Little Bo Peep, Little Bo Peep has lost her sheep and can..."

And Mucha, well. We all know him. XD

I drew some other things, but I lost track of them. o____o"
    Last edited by Celestial-Fox; 02-15-2011 at 09:26 PM.

Hey it's been a while Seefy!!

It's so refreshing to see someone draw an elf in a pretty, innocent way -dare I say Tolkienesque? Pop culture and videogames have rendered elves to some hybrid between human and oversexed kangaroo so often to the point that I want to scream every time I see another scantily clad... anyways coming out of my ramble I think she looks really nice. xD ... are you going to give her dress/possibly blouse a design?

And DUDE. I totally freaked out because I thought you were the one who made the Florian Nicolle drawings. Not to say that I expected any less, and it would be great to see what you can cook up with... ink and ballpoint over newsprint? Amirite?

Hey, Hamachi! It feels like foreverrrrr.

Thanks! I've actually never read or seen Lord of the Rings, but my impression of Tolkien's elves seem to be modest, so you might be onto something. And I think she might be half human half nymph, but I could be wrong. DX (Maybe I would know all the juicy details is Matt wrote some more--HINTHINTHINT.) I might fix it up. Redo her nonexistent right shoulder and strange neck. But some part of me still likes the armless classical stature look, too. XD

Oh no! I'm no where near as good. Florian Nicolle is amazing and has a few Daily Deviations on DA, if I'm not mistaken (under the name Neo-innov). And yes, you would be right! But it could get really tricky because Nicolle is a digital artist and I'm trying to paint. *chinstroke* Suggestions for making large areas of text other than newspaper?

*Drools*

Man, I love it when other people draw my characters better than I do. Ironic thing is, when I was 13-14, Naomi wasn't modest at all, but I decided, like Hamachi (only after the Opeil chapter, though), that I love the modest representation of fantasy characters (yes, it's half-nymph in this case. There are already too many elven hookers around already.

And Seefy, that style of writing is great. I wanna try that stuff now.