Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mac's Progress

Teen Member

Mac's Progress

Well, here it is. My first art post. This is my progress over the last six months.Six months ago.JPGAkatski.JPG

Thats pretty good mate, keep it up!

Are you using any resources to help you improve? Books, tutorials, etc

Well, that's a decent skill leap. How often were you drawing over those six months?

Teen Member
    I've been looking for a good instructional book. I purchased a couple but nether one ended up being any good... any recommendations would be help full. As far as the frequency of my drawing I try to practice for a couple hours a couple of times a week at least, though i just started that pattern at the beginning of this month, it was decidedly less frequent.

Teen Member

new project

OK, so I decided to practice by drawing a comic based in the DC universe. here is my first panel. What do you guys think? panle 1.jpg

His style is a little old fashioned looking, but Andrew Loomis's books are always worth a shot (try Figure Drawing For All It's Worth or Fun With a Pencil). He explains things thoroughly and clearly.

As for the panel, I'm afraid it's a bit hard to tell what's going on in it, without it being in context.

Teen Member
    Thank you, that book looks great... I'll be getting it. And I gave a Little description of the comic in the anime and stuff page, its called The White Dawn. I plan on uploading more panels once I have enough to Show a little bit of story.

Teen Member

More Progress

Ok, so my Pen-Brushes just came in today. So I decided to try them out. So here it is my first colored pic in a very long time what do you guys think. And as always, any hints, tips or criticism is much appreciated.
    IMG_0227.jpg

P.S. Yay...So I've been watching alot of Fairy Tail lately.

Well, the coloring alone is VERY scratchy. Try to blend the coloring more. The arms are different lengths and the irises of the eyes are different sizes. Also, the transition from the waist to the hips should be smooth not angular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Teen Member
    ok...ill keep an eye on that stuff for the next one...thankyou