Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: [NSFW] Matt's Art (p40: Sketchy character lineup)

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    The perspective on the bottom is quite awesome. That's one thing I can't do at all: ground-up perspective. XD But that is truly awesome.

One thing you should watch out for now as you're progressing in art is detailing in the ears. [Here] is just a little diddle I did to explain ears real quick on the old-old MT.

Well everything is more-or less GREAT ! I only find that the right arm at that lower left girl is a bit wonky. I t looks like it doesn't have perspective, cuz the line defining the sleeve are straight, giving us the impression that ts right in front of us in a profile view. And i thnk that her shoulder is sticking out from down below, which couldn't be possible ^-^' just my opinion.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

@Seefy - Thanks for the compliment and the ear tutorial. I was never really sure how to do them, so I just took the default manga ear till now.

@Gedeon - "Just your opinion?" No, that was a high-quality critique. Thanks. Perspective issues aren't easy to spot (or draw, for that matter). Honestly, I think I was lucky to get it done as good as it was.

Here's some fanart . . .

. . . of Touhou. Yes, I got sucked into that series as well. I don't even know who Sanae is or what she does, but she's cute and I like her.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Hey, that looks pretty good! Personally, I'd elongate the legs a bit, but I'm not familiar with the default proportions of Touhou, so yeah. XD You can choose to ignore that if you want. The only other things that make my Spidey senses tingle are the balance of the character being a little Tower of Pisa-ish (you can find/correct that by flipping the image horizontally) and her slightly disappearing left arm. The folds are coming along quite well and I really, really, really like the hair.

Also, I finally sent you that PM. I kinda hate how the PM system is separate from the forum. DXDXDX

Old PM system > new PM system

Touhou proportions should be normal proportions (at least for anime). Yup, I messed up. As usual. On my latest picture, I made use of Sai's quick-flip thingy (the H key). I think I'll be using that more often now. I need to set up a Photoshop action to do the same thing.

AWESOME SHADING O.O!!!!!! Btw it seems that her fore arm i think is a bit too wide. You know.....her right arm.....^-^' me and my English
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Yeah, I agree with Gedeon. The forearms are too wide. It also looks like her right (our left) upper arm is a bit short compared to the forearm. If you did that on purpose for foreshortening then I wouldn't have her chest overlapping her upper arm at all. Aside from that, it looks pretty decent.

101 Dalmations Member Lady_Knife's Avatar
    Ditto on the forearms. My sister also likes to draw so I showed her my SaiMoe entry and your entry. She said she likes yours better. My own flesh and blood...nuff said.

WOW. That makes us even, then. My little brother liked your latest one better than mine.

EDIT: I didn't feel like double posting, so here's some actual lineart. (I actually took the time to do it! Yayifications!)

Probably gonna be my second Saimoe entry once I get the color and background in. When I have some unblocked Internet, I'll up it on DeviantArt.
    Last edited by Matt; 04-28-2011 at 02:15 PM.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    lol Someone's been playing Recettear! ;D
    It look great, btw. Nice pose and varying thickness of the lines. Good luck with the SaiMOE contest!