Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: [NSFW] Matt's Art (p40: Sketchy character lineup)

[NSFW] Matt's Art (p40: Sketchy character lineup)

This is placeholder text that you'll see when you hover your mouse over my thread.

SPOILER! :

Last edited by Matt; 05-28-2014 at 01:19 AM.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Ooh, definitely getting better with shading hair. I think that you should avoid putting highlights on the hair behind the neck, though. I think now that you're starting to develop lower body anatomy, I think you should start working on making your characters' postures resemble that of females. For instance, you have improved a LOT with legs, but the main reason why they still look strange is that the way they are positioned is more similar to how a man would stand. Women stand with their legs closer together than you have depicted, and they also tend to keep their toes pointed straight out or inward. I also believe that on the second one with the fullbody, her arms suggest that she's in a slouching position, but her shoulders suggest that she's stretching her back straight and craning her neck. . . .

Does that make any sense?

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    I'm not a good judge of proportions, but it seems to me that her arms are to short looking at the ength of her torso. Also, her legs are too skinny, now way they could be holding all of that up (and no knees?). And, your hair is fine, stop whining! xD

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Oh, yeah, what Bacon said is what I forgot to mention. You can avoid t-rex arms by making sure that the hands hit mid-thigh.

@Seefy - Yeah, it makes sense. Thanks.

@Bacon - I've been leaving out the lines on the knees with the intention to do it with color, but before that, my legs always turn out really small for some reason, even when I use guidelines. Need more study!

Dip pens are hard to use. Feet are hard to draw. I need even more practice!

Probably my best piece yet. Incorporates both prose writing and drawing. See if you can figure out the story.
    Last edited by Matt; 06-05-2012 at 07:00 AM.

One Thousand Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar
    Matt, that is awesome. I started to read it and chills went down my spine. You could probably base a story off that and make that your poster or something.

Thanks, Oz. I might just do that. It already IS a story, but I'll see if I can do a poster of it. Also, I'm probably not gonna be very active on this forum. I greatly prefer the old one. All art updates are gonna go there.

oh wow matt! your art has improved alot, i loved the unfinished coloured pic so far

I have to agree with axion, that colored picture is looking awesome so far =) The last inked picture looks good, but the lines seem a little stiff, which is probably due to the dip pen. I just got some dip pens too though, and I know what your going through -.- But hey. even now it looks pretty good, so I can't wait until you get the hang of them!