Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: [NSFW] Matt's Art (p40: Sketchy character lineup)

^^ that and i think his neck is too wide for his head.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

@Bacon - I started the muscle bunch too far up on the arm and the shirt... I don't even know why I did that. I'll fix it next time I draw a guy.
    @JJJorgie - You're right. I should study proper long sword grips.
    @Gedeon - I'm actually not too sure about that one. It's all under his hair, but his neck is about right in comparison to the original guidelines. I suppose I'd need to make the hair curve around the head to show that it's actually there.

-

Thirty minute color sketch in Sai. I think I could make this look pretty awesome if I finished it, but I'll take critiques and fix errors in the composition and coloring before I go any further.

-I could expand the canvas and move the two foreground characters into focus, for one thing.
    -I could move any distracting elements in the background away and focus on the characters.
    -I could push time forward and draw a fight scene rather than a boring standoff.
    -I could establish a light source. That's generally a good thing to do.
    -I could study anatomy and grab some references so that I don't completely fail when I go back to finish this picture.
    Last edited by Matt; 07-07-2012 at 10:02 PM.

first thing i notice when i look at this picture: TOTALLY EPIC WINGS. sryusly
    i think it would give the chracters more grounding if you fleshed out the background more. it's sorta blobby at the moment and the shapes are too abstract to determine what they are.

other than a slight paint smudge on the left guy's forearm, i think your good to go

If I could make a few suggestions:
    The wings could be overlapped by trees/overlap trees to give a good sense of space.
    I would move the guy in the foreground into the picture, and give him a more aggressive stance, because the single arm hanging to the left just seems a little bit too weak for the narrative you try to achieve.
    The blue on the guy's shirt is almost the same blue as in the background of this forum, while the rest of the colors are very monochromatic red. Maybe you could find a blue color that is in better unity with the reds, or just work in some colors from in between in the picture.

I like the symmetry of the wings and how they lead you to the girl's face

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    I wouldn't change much about the sketch you've drawn. I like how it focuses in on the character in the middle. It's a great idea.
    The anatomy of the arm in the fore needs to be spot on. And I feel like the background will need a fair bit of detail to make this realise its potential.
    "The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real."

-Victor Hugo

I've got all three comments saved for when I decide to finish that picture. Until then, more fantasy:

Shipainter.

pretty good. Not sure whats going on with the left(our right) arm. I dont think she could hold her head like that.....if she is even holding her head. the anatomy is solid, the right( our left) leg looks wonky, actually both look too far from each other concerning the angle they are in. And the skirt should fit more with the perspective. THe way it is it looks like we are seeing the skirt directly in front of us in our eye level.

Pretty good mate.
    Problem?
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Thanks, Ged.

Officially on a fantasy fix. I've never liked the "half-naked elf girl stops to pose in the middle of a bloody battle" pictures, but I kinda did one:

My preferred genre is brutal fantasy, but I can stray from my preferences a bit.

This looks superb!!! The coloring is awesome! I love it! The only thing I can say is that the eyes should be the same height (the far eye is shorter than the closer one).

Other then the fact that the face looks too wide, great!
    Problem?