Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: [NSFW] Matt's Art (p40: Sketchy character lineup)

I somewhat like the Chobits-ish thingy. All the cd players and skate board and stuff xD. The second pic from the 3 pics you did, the guy looks a little fat. Maybe its the way the shirt is drawn I'm not so sure. The first pic looks great just that his left leg is a bit shorter then the right and the last pic is awesome . Keep it up.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Matt! Buh, I've been so behind on the forums, it's just like, ahhh, where do I start to catch up? XD (And only to leave on vacation tomorrow, too!)

The chobits redraw is worlds better than the first version! And don't worry about little details; it'll come in time.

The older Sierra looks really good, too. You've DEFINITELY improved a ton with linear. One thing, though: Are you using some sort of pen tool to draw the linear? I can see all of these geometrically perfect bevels in certain places (the calves and arms, namely) that don't look quite natural. They look a little inflated anatomically. Maybe you should add more anchor points (UGH IT TAKES TIME AND I HATE IT) and be more precise about controlling how those curves behave?

Ugh, I hate using the pen tool, but it always turns out so much more clean than when I ink in Photoshop. I think I'll just stick with Sai.

To be inked and colored when I get home.

By the way, Mikuru, what's the picture in your signature?

Some faces, with Naomi included. My first purely digital work in . . . a long time. Now I should start doing some full-quality CG'd stuff.

On my DA, the first two pictures in my gallery are all colored and have a background, but the rest are my usual 30-minute crap.

I like the faces you did . I see lots of improvement specially the eyes[I like them the most xD] but I think you still have to work on the chin a bit more. Example lets say... Noami's chin looks a bit weird[maybe its just me] but overall everything is looking good =D.

PS: About my signature [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinryaku!_Ika_Musume ]..Its an anime named "Shinryaku! Ika Musume" aka Degeso death combo ]

It wasn't my standard moe chin. I tried to incorporate a teeny bit of realism, because Naomi's not supposed to be moe. Bishojo, maybe. My initial design for her was really slutty, but I decided she was better the way she is now. Still pretty and sexy, but not a slut. There's very little sexuality in the story.

Anyway . . .

Here's a Sai sketch of Isaac, since I don't draw guys all that much anymore:

Uploaded in Imageshack because the school's blocking DA right now.

I figure, if I get used to drawing digitally, it'll be easier for me to lineart and color things, or to finish them in the first place. You guys all know I rarely finish stuff, right?

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Really nice improvements from the last time I checked your thread.
    Nothing much I'll say atm other than keep trucking bro.

To "keep trucking" was really hard for awhile. For the past few weeks I was on the worst art block I've ever encountered. But I think I'm over it now. Here's a WIP of Akiria and Illyana:

Since I haven't drawn anything in weeks, it turned out really crappy except the background, which turned out a little better than usual (for me). Also, the quality is crap because I bumped the exposure way too much.

I'm not sure how you go about your art and practicing, but you may consider doing a brief study on bird wings. These don't look that bad, but I think a couple studies would really help your understanding of their anatomy and physiology. I know you're probably more focused on drawing the human anatomy first, but it's something that I've noticed.

As for the drawing above, the only big thing that I really notice is that the girl on the right has no neck and an extremely short torso. I think you were trying to go for the girl shrugging or hunched over. I think that would be fine if you made the shoulders a little smaller and show the clavicles tilted upwards. Also the only thing you really need to do to give her a torso would be to make the curve of her butt lower. Of course that affects her leg proportions... either way she needs to have a torso. If you were going for her being hunched over, then maybe draw the shirt drooping a little bit and have her hips pushed back further. Hard to figure out exactly which pose you were trying to draw as it is though.

Everything Nisaren said I agree with, but one more thing to add. The one thing thats been bothering me with your picture up above there is the wings and where they connect. Wings usually would connect to the Shoulder blades, and in your picture they connect to her lower back. :S just a thought.

Another thing overall is you seem to be having some trouble with your shoulders. Maybe its your style, but I think you should have a study on the neck/trapezius/clavicle/shoulder and really nail it good.

That naomi picture up there is awesome I think because you drew the shoulder area really well.

So yeah thats my crit or whatever I have to offer. (was kinda half assed tbh, but I hoped it helped lol)