Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: [NSFW] Matt's Art (p40: Sketchy character lineup)

Duuude that's some improvement! The girl's hair in the blocking/ultraman move (lol?) is really expressive and your values show some really confident strokes. You might want to move said girl's foot on the left (not her left foot) a bit up and to the right to show some perspective, and introduce a bit more action since that would mean her torso would be twisting towards you.

Of course to do this that would also mean having to adjust the other leg, which is currently fine, to have its knee bend inwards to match what I just described. Argh. Or an alternative might be to move this second leg inwards and bend it a tad bit more to show a ready shock-absorbant stance. Anyways. Keep at it man, you're definitely improving.

Also, I love your baby Narwhal. xD

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    This is like, uuuuuuuugh SO JEALOUS.

Anyways. Keep at it man, you're definitely improving.
    Thanks for saying that. It chased away the art block induced by ConceptArt hecklers--I mean, critics. Actually, just one heckler, but still. Thanks.

@Seefy - You should do a meme or two to get rid of art block. Seems to work for me, but then again, doing the meme might be the result of chasing the art block away.

These are sketches of Atemi and Sierra. I've moved them from a semi-innocent romance story to a RPG/fighting game. I'll scale these sketches down and do some pixel work, then animate them from there.

Hmmm the first one looks weird. Her stance and hand looks a bit off [maybe its just me] but the second one I like . Stance is much better and I feel more effort was put into it . Your improving like super fast man and already surpassed me like a thousand times >_> 'feels jealous' anyway keep it up =D. Looking forward to more of your stuff >=D.

I think the problem with the first one, as MiKuRu said is the stance. I think maybe her chest would be pushed out a little more and her arms would point just a little further back. Other than that, it's a pretty sound drawing.

The second one is absolute gold, though her legs below the knee look slighlty chunky and may need to be reduced quite a bit. Also, I think her right (our left) arm is a tad small, then again, it's like eleven here and I'm tired. I dunno.

Hope that helped 'cause I sure as hell confused myself. >_<

I think both are decent but could use some quick touchups. In the first drawing the forearm that shows behind her seems a bit too fat... she looks like she's Popeye's sister and the way that it is angled combined with her hand position looks kind of unnatural. She also seems to have a long torso. I'm also a fan of slender legs so I'm inclined to feel like her upper legs as they reach the knees are kind of fat.

The same points that I made about the legs in the first picture apply to the second. I agree with Renzo about the chunkiness of the legs below the knees, especially when compared with her right (our left) foot (which appears too small). Unless you're going for Chun Li style legs, I'd consider making them a little smaller, or if you want them large, define the musculature more.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Everyone else already hit the critique points that I was thinking, so I guess I'll just be a little cheerleader.

These are like, really god, though. I like the way the worms are developed. They seem rather realistic, like the curves of the hips and the fat settling around the knees. :>

I have a question. How do you change the thread title?

Just go back to your original post and choose advanced edit and you should be able to change the title.

I like the 4-komas. Sometimes, I feel like fighting procrastination is like fighting gravity.