Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: [NSFW] Matt's Art (p40: Sketchy character lineup)

At the moment, I'm doing excessively large amounts of studying on pretty much everything. So expect all updates after this to be a lot better.

I hope I can still draw moe after this, though:

O_O.

Man, talk about art rage improvement!!!! xDD

Wait, you are THE Matt right O_o? (I could be wrong or was there two matts?)

That's good that you're attempting realism. It seems that you are trying to rush your drawings a little bit though. Usually when I rush drawings, I end up making them darker than they would be otherwise. The thing about realism is that it takes a lot of patience to make sure that everything is correct. So my only comment on these studies is to not try to rush things. Take your time and allow yourself the time to really understand what you're drawing.

@Doghateburger - I don't think I've seen another Matt around, but there might be one. Can I ask something, though? Where did "THE Matt" come from. I'm not extremely highly acclaimed, as far as I know.

@Nisaren - My mom's doing realism with me as I'm working on it, and she's improving faster because she takes a lot more time than I do. So yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I'll slow it down. I know I can do better.

In the mean time, here's a concept for a larger scene:

It's not the best I've done, but I colored it, which is more than I can say for most of my stuff. Plus, it's a concept, and part of my hopeful transition to higher quality art. I say that, but the quality's pretty low. Ah well.

101 Dalmations Member Lady_Knife's Avatar
    I'm weak (translated too lazy to pay attention to colour theory, lineart and etc) with colouring as well. So two thumbs up with trying to lvl up on the colouring. The last pic, well, the light source seems to be coming from everywhere (I see front, back, top) and is kind of distracting (seems like there's no focus on the pic).

Take Nisaren's advice, I luff and admire her stuff. Other than that, keep up the good work. ^_^ Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Knife View Post
    Take Nisaren's advice, I luff and admire her stuff. Other than that, keep up the good work. ^_^ Cheers!
    Not to ruin anyone's expectations but... I'm a guy. :X But thank you for the compliment anyhow. ^^

At any rate, what's this concept for? I can't really tell what the setting is from the background. The characters look decent, although I'm more of a fan of thinner lines for sketching.

I'm gonna pull the camera back in the final and show everything else. They're on a plane. About to fight or something. The story behind the scene is really sketchy at the moment, but it involves the blond girl's sister (who happens to by Sierra). It's a side-story to Golden Summer and doesn't even come close to joining up with the main storyline.

101 Dalmations Member Lady_Knife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nisaren View Post
    Not to ruin anyone's expectations but... I'm a guy. :X But thank you for the compliment anyhow. ^^

At any rate, what's this concept for? I can't really tell what the setting is from the background. The characters look decent, although I'm more of a fan of thinner lines for sketching.
    ('A') I've always tot you as a female. My bad, to me Nisaren sounds like a female name. XD Gomenasai! A thousand apologies! I shall now commit sepukku. *shing!* *STAB!* *Hurk!* *Dies*

... again a thousand apologies.

PS: Don't worry, I've bled and died many times in the old forums so it's not a big deal. I'll just fill up on blood and I'll be fine.

Matt: Again, take Nisaren's advice and I can't wait to see the whoe pic. Cheers!
    Last edited by Lady_Knife; 04-01-2011 at 12:41 AM.

The whole pic's gonna be a bit. I'm finally coming out of my mega-super-ultra-3-month art block, so I should be doing a lot more now.

Sweet, dude!

Looks good. Hope you'll update more