Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: [NSFW] Matt's Art (p40: Sketchy character lineup)

Not fanart, but I drew it within an hour after watching 10 straight episodes of Seto no Hanayome. So now I got a sort of combination between San and Akeno.

That sketchbook never scans straight. When I put down the scanner lid, it moves the book over and there's nothing I can do about it.

Crappy thing done in a few minutes. Need to add some depth next time I do something like this, 'cause it looks too flat.

Lineart in Sai, because I haven't done any Sai in, like, months.

Nice work here! In the bottom one I wouldn't draw the boobs like that. Small as they are, I'm sure lines like that are hidden by the sweater ^^ Only a small detail though, the rest looks amazing ^^

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Those sketches from the 24th are my favorite from you, hands-down.

I really like the way you approach progression. its like you started to draw complete different pictures lately.

One Thousand Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar
    The one in the sketchbook looks like something from Chobits. It's cool, you should draw some more like that.

I also like the sketches you posted from the 24th. The thing I like the most about them is how you've drawn the eyes. The hair also is nicely done. That doesn't seem to come through as much in your digital drawing though. But I think that's just something you need to work your way through. I agree with Dr. D on the last piece you posted. It looks like you drew her wearing a hoody which is normally pretty thick cloth. You wouldn't see any curvature with smaller breasts, or even larger ones for that matter unless it was one of those tight zip up sweatshirts.

@Nisaren - I'm way too used to the giant anime boobs. I guess I see them done the wrong way a little too much. I have a friend in school who draws them twice the size of the girl's head, though they're usually not covered in sweatshirt-type material. Or anything else for that matter.

@Ozzy - Coming up.

@Fabiafidus - That's from ConceptArt. The site discouraged me to the point of not drawing for a week (cuzza the guy who said anime [and me, as well] sucked and I'd never get anywhere drawing it), but when I came back I suddenly did a lot of different stuff that looked cooler than random moe girls standing in generic poses.

@Seefy - Cool. I love long hair, so I've been doodling it a lot recently. Still doodling, though. I'm still a little apprehensive about inking and lineart and such.

@Mr. D - See above ^^. I saw Yabuki Kentaro do what I did up there, but he did it with softer cloth, i.e. Lala's gym shirt in TLR. I shoulda noted the difference in materials.

And now for something exactly the same:

The Chobits-ish thingy, but less flat. Less intricate and cool-looking, but less flat, and that's what I was going for. I was too lazy to make it all complex and cool and stuff.

Pic placed in URL because of page stretching.

^ This is Sierra as she appears two/three years after the setting of the comic. Most notable change is definitely the length of her hair. Because I love long hair.

A crappy drawing:

An ink drawing. The guy looked a lot better in the sketch stage:

Another ink drawing that turned out looking like Vocaloid:

The base colored version:
    http://www.deviantart.com/download/2...ol-d3b42x1.jpg

EDIT: Fixed the last one.
    Last edited by Matt; 03-08-2011 at 01:27 PM.