Thread: My unfinished comic [reuploaded]

101 Dalmations Member

My unfinished comic [reuploaded]

Here's my first comic page i almost done with it...please comment and tell me what i did wrong...i like to know what i did wrong...was alot of advice as possible.

No need to make a new thread every time you make a change... just post it in the old thread.

Anyway, a couple things -first, try leveling the image (via the Levels dialogue in Photoshop) to increase the contrast.
    Second, change the font from Comic Sans. Try Anime Ace or ACME Secret Agent or something along those lines... they tend to look a lot better in speech bubbles.
    Lastly, try to keep the text in your speech bubbles centered in the middle of the bubble, with some padding around it - this makes it look a lot better in the end.

Art looks good, nice job!

101 Dalmations Member
    I got photoshop but i didnt use it...i used MS Paint for the word ballons and dialogue, but i'll work harder on it.

The only additional critique I would add is on the last panel. The guy throwing the punch should have wider eyes. I mean, when you yell at your little sister for eating the last yogurt after YOU CLEARLY FREAKIN' TOLD HER IT'S YOURS, your eyes widen, your mouth opens up, and your jaw leans downward.

Lol, sorry for the specific example; I promise it isn't personal experience lol!

Dude learn photoshop. The sooner you start, the more awesome you will be. All I can really say is that you need to add a bit more detailing to each panel. Because as it stands right now, all of your characters are floating in nothing. Even a few little silly shapes in the background would really make them pop and seem as if they are in their own little world.

101 Dalmations Member
    any tutorials for photoshop

I had to take a class on it in my college so I wouldn't know where to look. xD try searching on deviantart. There's tons of useful tutorials on there

101 Dalmations Member
    okay thanks