Thread: Happy Baba Marta (Grandmother March)...

Happy Baba Marta (Grandmother March)...

I know probably noone here celebrate this holiday but if there are any bulgarians here or people that like the holiday I'd like to say: Happy Baba Marta!

And a card I made:
    http://download.game2make.com/temp/m...arta_small.jpg

If someone is interested to know more about it. Baba Marta (Grandmother March) is an old lady that changes her mood very often the same way the tempretures in March are changing form cold to warm and vice versa. So when she's angry it snows, when she's happy it's warm and sunny. She also makes those "Martenica". Things we wear on our clothes from 1st of March in order to keep her happy. One is suppose to have the "martenica" on him until he see the first sign of Spring comming - like a stork or a tree bloom. After that we usually tie them on a tree we that we want to have more fruits.

A shop selling those:

It was one of my favorite holidays when I was a kid because everything is so nice and colorfull and we give each other a "martenica".
    So because they don't have any here in the US and I didn't want to miss the holiday I had to make my own "martenitca.

I hope I got the proportions of thye bodies right this time:
    (this is what I'm going to put on my clothes tommorow)

Happy Baba Marta! =)
    This is the first time I'm hearing of it, seems pretty sweet! Those martenicas are really cute, I want one too! Let's make Grandma March Happy, and hope spring comes early..
    And those martenicas you made are awesome! You wear them every single day, all the time till the first sign of spring? wow..

Yes, most people that celebrate the holiday do wear them until they see a stork.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Omg, those are so cute! Happy Baba Marta!

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    First time I've ever heard of this too lol. The explanation you gave reminded me of Groundhog Day over here, except Baba Marta seems better haha.
    Eh...happy Baba Marta? xD

Here's what Groundhogs do in Europe:

The guy says: And a mamrmot (groundhog) - it puts the choclate in alu-foil.
    The woman says: Yeah, right...

It was my favorite commercial. People use to say that phrase when they don't believe you - like: Oh yeah and the mamrmot puts the choclate in alu-foil...